Pretty damn stoked....

This is a discussion on Pretty damn stoked.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2 weeks ago I was given a job offer I just couldn't refuse, Little did I realize I had gone ...

Thumbs up Pretty damn stoked....

2 weeks ago I was given a job offer I just couldn't refuse, Little did I realize I had gone to a party that weekend and hit the wacky...I'm not the everyday nor every weekend pothead, but every once in awhile... Anyhow, my U.A. results came back clean,,,Ohhhh Yeeaaahhhh....reliefffff... I'm supposed to be getting my 02WRX out the shop this Saturday, 2 days to go, did a little swap. I found a good deal on injectors and fuel pump thru deatchwerks.com, but I still think I'm gonna go with the td05 turbo, when I'm done I'm hoping to be at 325whp. I'm still looking for local subies to hang with, I want to pick your brains....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new job. So what will you be doing?

I got one of those types of job offers recently too. That's why I'll be moving to Denver shortly. I leave to drive out there on Sunday.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thumbs up $45k jump to $65k

I really don't know much about my new position, I'm being trained to replace an in the field supervisor in a construction atmosphere, the main issue they are having is non-english speaking laborers, who said spanish wouldn't pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX206 View Post
    I really don't know much about my new position, I'm being trained to replace an in the field supervisor in a construction atmosphere, the main issue they are having is non-english speaking laborers, who said spanish wouldn't pay off.
    Wait, so you were living on $20k? Whoa!
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Wait, so you were living on $20k? Whoa!
    Either my sarcasm meter isn't working or you didn't understand that he meant he makes $45k now, not a $45 jump.

My salary is going up by $72k in my new job. That will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thumbs up I'd move too...That's more than just a pretty penny.

Yeah, didn't get the sarcasm, I was going to reply by breaking it down into an elementary word problem.But I thought that might just confuse him....Anyhow "up" you said. so if you're not currently making minimum wage, you're "up to" if not passed the $100k mark, that is sweet. I should be up to the $90k in 1 or two years depending on how long the training takes.
    And as for making $20k...I was there not to long ago, but I was also always partying, living with roomates, my bar tabs = my paychecks, those were fun times and I was happy, one morning I looked in the mirror with a massive hangover and said that's enough, now I live in a 4,300sq ft. home. And in 2 years will sell and walk away with if not more than $500k, some people do 401k, I do real estate.