new wrx!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new wrx! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Watsup guys just got my new silver wrx and cant wait to start modding it!...

Talking new wrx!

Watsup guys just got my new silver wrx and cant wait to start modding it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club! what year did you get?

make sure you read the stickies here:
    Engine Modifications - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    before you mod

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome to the club! what year did you get?

make sure you read the stickies here:
    Engine Modifications - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    before you mod
    +1
    Post up some pics if you have them!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

picsand welcome to teh club!
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

welcome to the club.

please do as much research as possible before posting. there are also several other sites that have great info. troll at NASIOC, but post here. people are alot more receptive on this forum then over at nastysock.

+1 on pics
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

congrats, and welcome to the community!
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Congrats and welcome! I just bought a silver 03' myself.

its an 05 with 30k miles that i got for 16500 which i think is a pretty good deal. haha i guess i could take some pics even though its bone stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by silverwrx18 View Post
    Watsup guys just got my new silver wrx and cant wait to start modding it!
    take your time modding it. but most of all have fun and get the parts that you can't install yourself - professionally installed. especially if you have one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by silverwrx18 View Post
    its an 05 with 30k miles that i got for 16500 which i think is a pretty good deal. haha i guess i could take some pics even though its bone stock right now
    just make sure its bone stock...sometimes with used cars you'll get surprises. open the hood, look under the car. you can even take pics and post them up if you're unsure. there is always someone here that will know what they are looking at.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

better to keep quiet and be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrxftw! View Post
    take your time modding it. but most of all have fun and get the parts that you can't install yourself - professionally installed. especially if you have one of these:

+1

with one caveat

Don't spend money on your car like a lottery winner. Do things in the proper order. Don't spend money on a FMIC when you are still using the stock turbo as it's a supporting mod for a larger turbo. While it's not a pointless mod - there are more effective ways to direct your money and time while using the stock turbo.

Plan things out - post about them online and get the input of others who have collectively already been down more paths than you can ever imagine. Sign onto nasioc, iwsti, clubwrx, tristatetuners and search/read/post(in that order) to see what others have done, and the results they have had. Be an informed consumer enthusiast. Watch for used deals. Look for dyno results and timeslips - they're at least rooted in reality somewhat as compared to peoples opinions.

You don't want to be the person everyone laughs at because think they know better and end up doing something stupid along the lines of EPIC FAIL when asking about a butt dyno simply because they didn't take the time to search.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    +1

with one caveat

Don't spend money on your car like a lottery winner. Do things in the proper order. Don't spend money on a FMIC when you are still using the stock turbo as it's a supporting mod for a larger turbo. While it's not a pointless mod - there are more effective ways to direct your money and time while using the stock turbo.

Plan things out - post about them online and get the input of others who have collectively already been down more paths than you can ever imagine. Sign onto nasioc, iwsti, clubwrx, tristatetuners and search/read/post(in that order) to see what others have done, and the results they have had. Be an informed consumer enthusiast. Watch for used deals. Look for dyno results and timeslips - they're at least rooted in reality somewhat as compared to peoples opinions.

You don't want to be the person everyone laughs at because think they know better and end up doing something stupid along the lines of EPIC FAIL when asking about a butt dyno simply because they didn't take the time to search.
    please. do what u want with the car its YOURS. the possibilities are endless for this platform. it all depends on what u like, what u want out if it and most importantly how deep your pockets are lol.

"Don't spend money on your car like a lottery winner"

he has a point. even tho that was a weak jab at me (nice try come again) this platform can become a deep money pit VERY QUICKLY. but like he said just plan out what u want to do. i chose the fmic route because i have always wanted suby with one - so now i do. if no one agrees or cares for it big whoop. its deff not gonna end my life. lol

honestly i would suggest u get more knowledge from from experienced tuner shops and or mechanics about the platform and its pros/cons. thats just my $.02. alot of what ive heard and taken from forums is alot of angry and closed-minded blah blah blah that i have never heard from a mechanic before, especially the ones more into high performance. lol i guess u can call me the forum's red-headed step child (at least the first forum so far tristate lol). just because i give my opinion about how i feel and well.......people just dont want to hear it lol. ive posted my mods online n every single time it was some sort of flame fest that resulted lol.

just remember that u will never know what is possible with ur car until u HAVE TRIED IT YOURSELF.

hope that was civil enough for the rest of you.

"You don't want to be the person everyone laughs at because think they know better and end up doing something stupid along the lines of EPIC FAIL when asking about a butt dyno simply because they didn't take the time to search."
    im still lost about this "butt dyno" thing. i saw my mechanic today and he asked me to ask u......just what the hell is a butt dyno?

it must be the new thing out i guess

thanks for all the advice guys, ill be sure to read up and do my research before i do anything to complicated to the car but as for right now i already have some stuff on the way like a cold air intake, full turbo back exhaust, and an up-pipe, haha just got my emissions done yesterday so its time for all those cats to go bye-bye

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    whats a butt dyno?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast