+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello...Well i used to have a mazda speed3 with plenty of mods and it was stolen last week and found ...

Hello...Well i used to have a mazda speed3 with plenty of mods and it was stolen last week and found stripped...SO now im jumping into a 08 wrx hatch with the premium package/sports grill/sti short throw shifter?STI Wing...IM leasing the car for 340 a month for 36 months and 15k miles a year....I should have the car in this week i got it ordered today and i cant wait to recive it...i whent with the wr bule mica....I have a couple of questions for you guys since im a first time subby owner....1.the wrx bolt pattern is 5X100 correct??? 2.Im going to buy some mods for the rex since i got a good amount back from what they stole from my previous car..the mods i was looking at are (Perrin up pipe, Invidia catted dp/Invidia CBE, Perrin Silicone MAF Hose, Perrin Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose, Perrin Drop-In Filter, Perrin Recirculating Blow Off Valve for 2008 WRX, and cobb ap v2) what kind of hp will these net me???And last but not least will an STI top mount fit on the wrx like previous models???thanks again...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you are going to mod a leased car?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Use the search function on all of those mods, most are not needed, and some are not good for the car. Also subaru can deny a warrenty claim if they feel the damage was done by a mod you did. Do you really want to drive a brand new car and possibly not have a warrenty?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    you are going to mod a leased car?
    Yeah i figure i can take off the parts when its time to turn in the car of if i love it i might just opt to buy....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Use the search function on all of those mods, most are not needed, and some are not good for the car. Also subaru can deny a warrenty claim if they feel the damage was done by a mod you did. Do you really want to drive a brand new car and possibly not have a warrenty?
    Warrenty is no problem for me i know the vp of operations for the south east and i know a couple of techs at the dealer who will turn a blind eye....I did do some searching yesterday but i see that many are scared to mod due to the "warrenty" i guess ill just have to experiment my self...i do like the perrin ots map very impressive numbers for just a tune....

Yes they are worried about the warrently, some of the 08s have been having problems and subaru not helping them out even though they were stock, but it sounds like your all set. An uppipe may not be worth it for you as it is catless. Exhaust sounds good. When it comes to intakes a drop in filter will be just fine. BOV=NO. Cobb v2= good.

D0WNXSH1FT on here(Chris) moded his leased WRX.
    xTristanx
    New England F4
    Blobeye Syndicate #27
    Mods

Yes they are worried about the warrently, some of the 08s have been having problems and subaru not helping them out even though they were stock, but it sounds like your all set. An uppipe may not be worth it for you as it is catless. Exhaust sounds good. When it comes to intakes a drop in filter will be just fine. BOV=NO. Cobb v2= good.
    well i read that the inside o the up pipe is corrigated and not the same size all through out...why just a drop in filter? scc mag is using the fpk i belive and it put down somenice numbers......i plan on getting pro tuned not just runing ots maps....has any one tried to see if the sti tmic from other years fits the wrx? i noticed the tmic is tinny..there might be some power loss there as well...well the perrin isnt a bov its a bypass valve thats full recirc same as stock...so why would u say no to it???well thanks again for ur help and info.....

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CertainPhate View Post
    mine is leased and modded... not something i would necessarily condone/recommend though.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 08RexHatch View Post
    well i read that the inside o the up pipe is corrigated and not the same size all through out...why just a drop in filter? scc mag is using the fpk i belive and it put down somenice numbers......i plan on getting pro tuned not just runing ots maps....has any one tried to see if the sti tmic from other years fits the wrx? i noticed the tmic is tinny..there might be some power loss there as well...well the perrin isnt a bov its a bypass valve thats full recirc same as stock...so why would u say no to it???well thanks again for ur help and info.....
    Drop in becasue the intake must be 3 inches ID, if not the MAF reading will be off and the afr's will be off.

If the perrin BPV is the same as stock why replace it at all?
    The stock BPV is good to 20psi, why waste the money, unless you plan to shoot past 20.

Not sure about the TMIC

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Drop in becasue the intake must be 3 inches ID, if not the MAF reading will be off and the afr's will be off.

If the perrin BPV is the same as stock why replace it at all?
    The stock BPV is good to 20psi, why waste the money, unless you plan to shoot past 20.

Not sure about the TMIC
    So you wouldnt recomend the perrin maf and turbo inlet pipe???
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Why are you sad????

Nice! I would love to drive a subaru HB for its practicality.

Sorry about the Mazda 3. Those are sweet cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SR55_STi View Post
    Nice! I would love to drive a subaru HB for its practicality.

Sorry about the Mazda 3. Those are sweet cars.
    yeah they are....i miss it but i know i love the rex...

Quote Originally Posted by CertainPhate View Post

you know the engine blew in that car right?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    mine is leased and modded... not something i would necessarily condone/recommend though.
    all things considered your car is only lightly modded

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.