Don't have one yet...

This is a discussion on Don't have one yet... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey new to the site, name is nick i'm from ohio. currently i drive a 91 mustang gt and it's ...

Don't have one yet...

hey new to the site, name is nick i'm from ohio. currently i drive a 91 mustang gt and it's not real fun to drive in the winter. so i'm looking at some wrx's and would like some opinions and advice from some people who own them.

i'm looking at three different 02 wrxs. ranging anywhere from $8500 - $11000. there all silver and two are sedans and one is a wagon, and they are all sticks. mileage ranges from 37000 to 52000.

i'm just wondering what you would do knowing what you know, and what kind of typical problems these cars have.

i'm looking at wrxs because i like cars with some speed but now i need something a little more practical. like better gas mileage and a car that can handle my growing family. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Probably the most typical problem to watch for would be bone-heads that have altered the car in some way that may have caused it to wear improperly. The best thing to do IMHO is to have somebody that really knows subarus (and common Subaru modifications) to look over the car before you buy.

Good luck.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with Jay. Have someone familiar with subarus go with you to check things out before you buy.

Welcome to the Club and Good Luck on your search for a Subie!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Sorry there is allready one Nick from Ohio on this site, Me, you will have to leave now

'
    JK Welcome to the club. Where in Ohio are you?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

thanks but it'll be kinda hard because all three are over 500 miles away from me so i'm kinda going sight unseen. all three of them say no mods whatso ever. i'm leaning toward the wagon because it has the least mile 37k but also the most expensive, anybody know how much extra weight the wagon has and what these cars run stock in the 1/4 mile?

and i'm in canton ohio

thanks nick

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninet1gt View Post
    thanks but it'll be kinda hard because all three are over 500 miles away from me so i'm kinda going sight unseen. all three of them say no mods whatso ever. i'm leaning toward the wagon because it has the least mile 37k but also the most expensive, anybody know how much extra weight the wagon has and what these cars run stock in the 1/4 mile?

and i'm in canton ohio

thanks nick

the wagon is like 80lbs heavier i think. I prefer the wagons personally.

Im in Wooster and im headed towards you this afternoon im going o Uniontown.

your welcome Nick.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~