Brand new!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brand new! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm new to this forum I'm 17 and been wanting a STi for like 4 years haha but ...

Brand new!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum I'm 17 and been wanting a STi for like 4 years haha but insurance is too much so i had to go with a Rex finally got one Tuesday loved it, but motor blown the 1st day i had it, Its ok tho warranty covers it, but any Rex's around here? I'm in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum I'm 17 and been wanting a STi for like 4 years haha but insurance is too much so i had to go with a Rex finally got one Tuesday loved it, but motor blown the 1st day i had it, Its ok tho warranty covers it, but any Rex's around here? I'm in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    17.. motor blown... i'm not surprised. Sorry for the loss though; i mean.. it's good that it's under warranty but damn.. please don't blow it the first day you get it back... or the first year.. or the second third fifth tenth year.. Good luck man.. treat it like it treats you
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    Bobby tuned @ PRE Stage 2
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~

[QUOTE=03'WRXtreme;2257333]17.. motor blown... i'm not surprised. Sorry for the loss though; i mean.. it's good that it's under warranty but damn.. please don't blow it the first day you get it back... or the first year.. or the second third fifth tenth year.. Good luck man.. treat it like it treats you[/QUOTE

I'm not like all the other teenagers, so dont look down on me please just cause im 17 and my motor blew in less then 4 hours that i had it. And when i sent it to my mechanic he said ther was no oil in it when i bought it. Not my fault I would soppose ther would be oil in it when i buy the car.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

winnar!!!1!
    ~Selah

Congrats on your purchase. Be safe, and treat the car nicely, I will do so in return. That sucks that you already had to send it in, but sounds like you've got everything under control
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

DUB
    And when i sent it to my mechanic he said ther was no oil in it when i bought it. Not my fault I would soppose ther would be oil in it when i buy the car.
    Who did you buy it from? Why didn't the motor 'blow' on them first?

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. Be safe, and treat the car nicely, I will do so in return. That sucks that you already had to send it in, but sounds like you've got everything under control

Thanks, im gonna treeat it like a babbyyy
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Who did you buy it from? Why didn't the motor 'blow' on them first?

I bought it from a dealership, and I guess they didnt drive it, at all cause i test drove it, and it drove fine, soon as i got back to my house the motor started making a knocking noise and i brung it to a mechanic and he said ther was no oil in it, so i brought it back to the dealer and he said they are doing a engine swap with a engine that has 30k miles, when i bought it, it had 70k so i guess im getting a better deal when i get it back. Hopefully they do a good job on the swap. I'll keep you guys informed.
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

DUB
    I'll keep you guys informed.
    Please do.

So did you ever tell us what year the car was? From your avatar it looks to be a 02-05??
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    So did you ever tell us what year the car was? From your avatar it looks to be a 02-05??

It is a 02. Dealership says the swap should be done by monday of next week, hopefully. Ill give you guys the info soon as i know. I pray i dont have no problems after this. I'm planning on having it for awhile.
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

hope it goes well. and they last a long long time. mine is an 01 and i alrdy got 200k almost on it hehe.

DUB
    It is a 02. Dealership says the swap should be done by monday of next week, hopefully.
    Yea its a 02. The dealer says i should have it back by tuesday,

Quote Originally Posted by OutbackWoman View Post
    hope it goes well. and they last a long long time. mine is an 01 and i alrdy got 200k almost on it hehe.
    Still running strong?
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Haha sorry about that still alil new to this..
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.