03 WRX RIP - Buying an STI Help me decide

This is a discussion on 03 WRX RIP - Buying an STI Help me decide within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My car got totaled in an accident last week. I am currently looking for a replacement and I found that ...

03 WRX RIP - Buying an STI Help me decide

My car got totaled in an accident last week.
    I am currently looking for a replacement and I found that used wrx are really hard to find. I think I will go with an STI.There are 2 I am looking at and I can't decide what to do. One is an 04 with 39K miles with no upgrades/mods from a mitsubishis dealer for $22,500 and an 06 with 20K miles and lots of upgrades from a provate seller who wants $27K see below.

$5,000 in upgrades!!! Fully Loaded, 400HP DynoComp Stage 2 STI with Laser Red Defi gauges and Center Gauge POD. Single owner, careful break-in, consistent maintenance schedule. 100% synthetic oil changes with Mobile synth. Upgrades: 3 large face DEFI BF Laser Red Gauges (1x oil temp, 1x boost, 1x ex. Temp). 3 bay ATI Center Gauge pod. Defi Auto Link Command module- allows plug n play connection of additional gauges, sensors; also records gauge runs and replays them on command. 3" APS turbo-back exhaust, produces a smooth deep sound. 65mm APS Cold Air Intake - allows this car to breathe easy in the Arizona heat. APS Blow off valve. High Performance Hawk brake pads. Factory upgraded 8 point sound system and subwoofer that sound clean and crisp. This car is in pristine condition and has always been parked in a garage. It has always been driven responsibly as a daily driver it has never been raced. The interior is blue and black with matching STI emblems. The gauges were hand-picked to match the OEM STI laser red exactly, and the gauge housing matches the OEM black surfaces. They look fantastic. This STI is faster than any new one off the lot, so save yourself some money in upgrades and tax.
    Last edited by Nathalie961; 04-12-2008 at 07:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie961 View Post

$5,000 in upgrades!!! Fully Loaded, 400HP DynoComp Stage 2 STI with Laser Red Defi gauges and Center Gauge POD. Single owner, careful break-in, consistent maintenance schedule. 100% synthetic oil changes with Mobile synth. Upgrades: 3 large face DEFI BF Laser Red Gauges (1x oil temp, 1x boost, 1x ex. Temp). 3 bay ATI Center Gauge pod. Defi Auto Link Command module- allows plug n play connection of additional gauges, sensors; also records gauge runs and replays them on command. 3" APS turbo-back exhaust, produces a smooth deep sound. 65mm APS Cold Air Intake - allows this car to breathe easy in the Arizona heat. APS Blow off valve. High Performance Hawk brake pads. Factory upgraded 8 point sound system and subwoofer that sound clean and crisp. This car is in pristine condition and has always been parked in a garage. It has always been driven responsibly as a daily driver it has never been raced. The interior is blue and black with matching STI emblems. The gauges were hand-picked to match the OEM STI laser red exactly, and the gauge housing matches the OEM black surfaces. They look fantastic. This STI is faster than any new one off the lot, so save yourself some money in upgrades and tax.

absolutely not. buy one thats stock. you wont regret it later.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    absolutely not. buy one thats stock. you wont regret it later.
    +1 but those 2 aren't your only options the longer you wait the more cars you will see.
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    +1 but those 2 aren't your only options the longer you wait the more cars you will see.
    Thanks for your input. So you think I should go forthe 04?
    Gotta tell you I got a completely different take from timdog1560 who seems to think I would get more car for my money with the modified one.

My problem at the moment is that I drive a rental car, don't laugh, a Toyota Yaris, awful I say. I miss my WRX big time and I can't wait too long to find another car. There are very few used WRX turbo and STIs so that is why I am so frantic.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i think if you buy a modded one youre just askng for trouble. you dont know who did the mods, if they were done correctly, how its tuned, etc. some of the mods that i bolded in red arent even safe mods.. they actually hurt performance.

you are 100% in a better situation by buying a stock car

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i think if you buy a modded one youre just askng for trouble. you dont know who did the mods, if they were done correctly, how its tuned, etc. some of the mods that i bolded in red arent even safe mods.. they actually hurt performance.

you are 100% in a better situation by buying a stock car
    I understand also that those mods may void the warranty. Right?

I probably play it safe and go with the 2004 unless I can find another somewhere soon.

There is no "may" about it - warranty is long gone my friend.

Get the stock car. You'll thank us later.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    There is no "may" about it - warranty is long gone my friend.

Get the stock car. You'll thank us later.
    I am thanking you now for all your help, I get it, I am getting the 2004 unless find a stock 06 soon.
    Ciao