New 06 Sti Owner!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 06 Sti Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up guys... let me know introduce myself... My name is calvin and I just bought a 06 STI ...

New 06 Sti Owner!

Hey whats up guys... let me know introduce myself...

My name is calvin and I just bought a 06 STI today... i will post pics asap! I just wanted to say how much I love the car! I saw it today and fell in love instantly and bought it! Asking price was $27500... i was able to get it for $25500... good deal or what? it has 16000 miles on it!

I have a question though... the guy just paid off his car loan for the sti... so he said it will take a few weeks before he gets the title in the mail, or he can just put the title under my name or something... so is that legit? Is it ok to just pay him the money first file all the paperwork with the DMV and wait for the title to show up later???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cmdinh View Post
    Hey whats up guys... let me know introduce myself...

My name is calvin and I just bought a 06 STI today... i will post pics asap! I just wanted to say how much I love the car! I saw it today and fell in love instantly and bought it! Asking price was $27500... i was able to get it for $25500... good deal or what? it has 16000 miles on it!

I have a question though... the guy just paid off his car loan for the sti... so he said it will take a few weeks before he gets the title in the mail, or he can just put the title under my name or something... so is that legit? Is it ok to just pay him the money first file all the paperwork with the DMV and wait for the title to show up later???
    Him sending your information to the DMV will work; but you have to make sure he actually does it because it costs money like 150 for a new registration, maybe less. Make a paper out saying whats going to happen and both sign it like an agreement statement. You should get the new title in the mail about a month after it's sent in. If it's a big problem then just go to the dmv yourself and pay the registration fee, no bigie.

he might be able to just get the title switched in your name which would be ever better cause then it would already be paid for

Grats on the new car man, treat it like it treats you and it'll last forever!
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    Bobby tuned @ PRE Stage 2
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~

First of all, congrats!

I've done what he described before. He needs to write a letter when he sends the payment to the company holding the loan that says:
    Enclosed is payment for the balance of my vehicle loan. Please release the title to this person:
    Your name
    Your address
    Your city, state zip

Mail the title directly to this person and not to me.

Signed,
    Current Owner

If he does this, there's no need to involve the DMV in it. The bank will simply sign over the title to the car to you instead of him, and then you go register it in your name. State laws vary but in general this should work. You didn't post where you or the seller are from, or maybe I could say for sure since I've done this in a few states.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks guys! I 'm so happy i don't think i can sleep tonite lol... i'm located in CA, orange county to be exact if that matters...

So he will transfer the title to me? Then i go to the DMV and register it under my name with paper work me and him fills out correct? How much will everything cost me to transfer the ownership of the car over to me?? like $1000-2000???

Thanks guys! I 'm so happy i don't think i can sleep tonite lol... i'm located in CA, orange county to be exact if that matters...

So he will transfer the title to me? Then i go to the DMV and register it under my name with paper work me and him fills out correct? How much will everything cost me to transfer the ownership of the car over to me?? like $1000-2000???
    If he does it for you through the dmv it will be free for you; if not, have him write the title up in your name, sign and bring to the Dmv so you can get your car registered, this will cost you a little money, between 50-150 depending on what you need and where you live. I'd ask the original owner if he could do it to save you less hassle.
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    Bobby tuned @ PRE Stage 2
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~

are u sure only a hundred or so?? won't i have to pay sales tax or something with the dmv also??

So he will transfer the title to me?
    The lender will have a lien that they will release and then send it to the current owner, whose name is on it. He will then need to sign it over to you.

Then i go to the DMV and register it under my name with paper work me and him fills out correct?
    Yes.

How much will everything cost me to transfer the ownership of the car over to me?? like $1000-2000???
    Depends on the sales tax in your county and the value of the car.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.