Why not?....

This is a discussion on Why not?.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 'Tiss I again, I've been here a short while, so new that I only got to drive my '02 WRX ...

Talking Why not?....

'Tiss I again, I've been here a short while, so new that I only got to drive my '02 WRX 3weeks before she blew. Received some news from P.I.A. they've given me a few options from stock rebuild to forged internals transplants, and I said why not...give me the goodies and prepare me for the next stages. I've decided to do the 2.5 swap with all upgraded internals, and a cobb access port.
    With tax it's running about $7K. and yes I've called around to get quotes. The only other place I'd trust at this point is W1(world one). My next step will be a 255lph fuel pump and some 650cc injectors which I can get done for about $400. After that I'm thinking td05 at least for now, It;s a larger turbo but spools a little slower. I'm debating about the whole top vs front mount intercooler arguments, I'm thinking top mount, (less piping) I'd like to find an sti tube and fin. Anyone have one? Hit me up If I'M gong the wrong direction on my mods, I'm new to the scooby and dont have a whole lot of cash infact one of the reasons I'm going to the extreme side is that I still owe $10k on the car itself, for those of you that don't know I was sold a warranty that was no good, the dealer wasn't willing to help, so I'm paying out of pocket minus what I get back from small claims court, yes the attourney general said I have a case, that the dealership should of never sold me a warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

exciting stuff. Stock tranny? and an interesting choice with the td05, was the budget related, because i would just get what you want the first time and save a little money from upgrading later. Front mount vs. Top mount comes down to how high your HP goals are for the car i guess. Anyway it seems like your headed in the right direction.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    exciting stuff. Stock tranny? and an interesting choice with the td05, was the budget related, because i would just get what you want the first time and save a little money from upgrading later. Front mount vs. Top mount comes down to how high your HP goals are for the car i guess. Anyway it seems like your headed in the right direction.
    I still believe top mount is better. Less piping means less space for the air to get warm.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Youll be looking for an STi tranny swap or upgraded gears for sure!
    I sure hope your getting quite a few $$$ from the case you say you have. Casue sounds like you may be paying it off for a long time.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Youll be looking for an STi tranny swap or upgraded gears for sure!
    I sure hope your getting quite a few $$$ from the case you say you have. Casue sounds like you may be paying it off for a long time.

I agree with jeff. With that 2.5 you should go for a 6 spd STI tranny. Those 02's are weak enough as it is already with just a 2.0. Upgrade.
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.