WRX diff questions

This is a discussion on WRX diff questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi all, First of all, im new to this site so im not sure if im posting on the right ...

WRX diff questions

hi all,

First of all, im new to this site so im not sure if im posting on the right thread

I own a 1998 WRX and my diff is on its last leg.Since the option of getting a new WRX diff is unfortunately an increasingly reality for me, i was wondering what ratios do the 98 model diffs run?Is it 9:6 or 9:3:1???
    I rang up this place for a diff and they said that it depends on the gearbox ratio and the number on the gearbox should indicate the ratio for the diff. The question is which number are they talking about.
    Also, i live in Melbourne West so if anyone could tell me a place where they reco diffs i would greatly appreciate it. Thank u all in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

The appropriate thread would be Transmission & AWD I would give you some advice, but this is not one of my stronger areas of knowledge.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics