New owner of 06 wrx wagon, lot of questions...

This is a discussion on New owner of 06 wrx wagon, lot of questions... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, been searching this site for abouot a month and sort of converting into the wrx community (other car ...

New owner of 06 wrx wagon, lot of questions...

Hey guys, been searching this site for abouot a month and sort of converting into the wrx community (other car is an e30 m3). Just started modding my 06 wrx wagon. I use this car as a daily driver (28K miles) in georgia and will be moving back to colorado soon. Right now I only have Tein coilovers and an SPT intake w/heatshield. SPT intake didn't really show an huge gains but I still regard it as a worthy purchase simply due to sound. Tein coilovers definitely gave the car stiffer and less sloppy dynamics. My next

Here are some questions I have come across while searching and I would be greatfull if one of these were answered:
    -Cobb AP; go or nogo with a daily driver? In other words, will the engine management system increase my gas guzzling?
    -I noticed on Cobb's FAQ that they have maps for most intakes but when I checked out the map specs it mentioned that stage 1 shouldn't be used with an intake? I have a ram-air intake so would this go well with an accessport?
    -If I decide not to go with the AP EM, I am going to try and aquire a sti TMIC...any good places to find a new/used one?

Like I said before this is my daily driver so I am trying to do some mod's that will withstand under high-mileage. Thanks in advance for all you help - H

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by diplomat View Post
    Hey guys, been searching this site for abouot a month and sort of converting into the wrx community (other car is an e30 m3). Just started modding my 06 wrx wagon. I use this car as a daily driver (28K miles) in georgia and will be moving back to colorado soon. Right now I only have Tein coilovers and an SPT intake w/heatshield. SPT intake didn't really show an huge gains but I still regard it as a worthy purchase simply due to sound. Tein coilovers definitely gave the car stiffer and less sloppy dynamics. My next

Here are some questions I have come across while searching and I would be greatfull if one of these were answered:
    -Cobb AP; go or nogo with a daily driver? In other words, will the engine management system increase my gas guzzling?
    -I noticed on Cobb's FAQ that they have maps for most intakes but when I checked out the map specs it mentioned that stage 1 shouldn't be used with an intake? I have a ram-air intake so would this go well with an accessport?
    -If I decide not to go with the AP EM, I am going to try and aquire a sti TMIC...any good places to find a new/used one?

Like I said before this is my daily driver so I am trying to do some mod's that will withstand under high-mileage. Thanks in advance for all you help - H
    First of all, Welcome!

Now, I would recommend the accessport, because of future modding, and there are economy settings on it I believe. There is always the option of OpenSource Tuning as well. Also, there shouldn't be any problems with your intake.

As for the top mount, its a great investment, but not until you've done some significant mods. The stock one is good for stage 2 power. STI TMIC can be found on eBay very easily. To go with what you asked about the daily driving/modding...many people, myself included, have been stage 2 for a while now with no problems whatsoever.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

greetings! You can always look on craigslist or a local forum to find a used TMIC.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    your fuel efficiency should not be impacted by the acessport in fact it should get better.

you are fine to run the stage1 map with your SPT short ram intake, you cant run cobb maps with Cold air intakes.

cold air and short ram are not the same.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

there is also no need to upgrade the intercooler if you have the stock turbo.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Thanks SonicWagon and ajd111 for your answers...I went ahead and got the Cobb AP. Will install it soon. I was thinking of the sti tmic as only a preventative maint mod in order to support the turbo, but from what I see the stock intercooler does just fine.

Here are some pics of my wagon;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4090078mod.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	77891

Name:	P4090084mod.JPG 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	77892

Name:	P4090086mod.JPG 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	77893

Name:	P4090088mod.JPG 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	77894

Name:	P4090089mod.JPG 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	77895

Name:	P4090091mod.JPG 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	77896

My other toy;

Quote Originally Posted by diplomat View Post

My other toy;
    Forget the wagon I need more pics of the 4banger M3 I friggin love those things.

the stock turbo is pretty small the intercooler does just fine with it

wagon is very nice BTW

its dirty, its high, but it boogies...

Pure sex,

thank you for sharing.