Impreza 2.5 vs. WRX 2.0 turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Impreza 2.5 vs. WRX 2.0 turbo within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been searching forever for a subaru....and i finally found an 04 wrx that is the cleanest used car ...

Arrow Impreza 2.5 vs. WRX 2.0 turbo

I have been searching forever for a subaru....and i finally found an 04 wrx that is the cleanest used car i have ever seen...and i have the money to buy it....but i am still looking at my options which my only other one i would want would be the 2.5rs.....the only reason being insurance and the cost of the car itself and even maintenance......How would you compare a 2.0 turbo powerhouse to a 2.5.... which engine is better? Less maintenance? Insurance? Cheaper?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, on the side of insurance, maintenance, and overall price, the 2.5RS would be cheaper because it doesn't have oxygen constantly force-fed down it's throat... no turbo = easier on car = less maintenance, you can run on lower grade fuel, and it's not billed as a sports car (WRX may or may not).

On the other hand, it is a WRX.

I'm fairly certain my 2.0 wrx is not billed as a sports car for insurance purposes.

As for fuel economy...my car is stock except for a lightweight flywheel, and fuel economy is around 22 mpg...I've got the epa estimated 27mpg 3-4 times during my 5 years of ownership.

I've heard 27 mpg is not uncommon on a stage 2 with a good tune though.

If you have the opportunity, drive em both.

So you know ahead of time, everytime you get out of the car, some kid is going to be asking you "is that the turbo'd one?"

Own a 2.5rs and a wrx. Not much diff in the insurances cost. Miles to the gallon is about the same. Performancewise. . . oh, night and day. 30k tune up cost exactly the same. . . only real diff in cost . .. gas. lol vs. wtf!!!!
    ~My wife says I drive like a "grandpa", but she drives like a "bat out of hell"
    03 Wrx
    04 2.5RS

if you are at all interested in performance, do NOT get the 2.5, get the WRX.

yeah gas will be slightly better, but its a dog..the two aren't even close

I work in the performance industry and I can't tell you how many times people call and ask about parts or turbo kits for their 2.5i and talk my ear off about how they should have gotten a WRX.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX
    I can also give some insight to reliabilty of the WRX. I have an '02 that has been Stage II since 60,000 miles. The car currently has 180,000+ miles
    Still has the original clutch, tranny, turbo, etc.. just to give you an idea...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I can also give some insight to reliabilty of the WRX. I have an '02 that has been Stage II since 60,000 miles. The car currently has 180,000+ miles
    your sig may have something to do with why its at 180k+ miles
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    your sig may have something to do with why its at 180k+ miles
    ahhh.. hehe. That's just a little play on when people try to sell their cars. They always claim "never launched", and we all know that just isn't true
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    ahhh.. hehe. That's just a little play on when people try to sell their cars. They always claim "never launched", and we all know that just isn't true
    oh damn here i thought i was i a really elite club of guys who dont launch their WRX

Turns out im the only one...
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, Doug, that's impressive. I somehow missed out on how much mileage you have on that car. Nice job.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    oh damn here i thought i was i a really elite club of guys who dont launch their WRX

Turns out im the only one...

rigggghhhhtttt
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, Doug, that's impressive. I somehow missed out on how much mileage you have on that car. Nice job.
    Thanks Ray! I <3 my bug i
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    rigggghhhhtttt
    I dont think you understand i really never have.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by richmail1357 View Post
    I have been searching forever for a subaru....and i finally found an 04 wrx that is the cleanest used car i have ever seen...
    Hmmmmmm....that's odd, because my car isn't up for sale right now.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    I dont think you understand i really never have.

qfp
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.