New, I am looking into the Impreza!

This is a discussion on New, I am looking into the Impreza! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, considering buying a 08 WRX. I would like to know what you guys think is a good price to ...

New, I am looking into the Impreza!

Ok, considering buying a 08 WRX. I would like to know what you guys think is a good price to pay. If it varies by region, I live in Houston Tx. I have been quoted $22.5 for the base with 5 speed. I want to get the premium package, I would like to get it for $22.5. That is probably too low. If you don't mind, what did you guys spend on your 08's?

Also, I take it the 2008 is a new body style, are there any mods available as of yet? I was reading somewhere that the stock turbo is allready "maxed" out , is this true? I would like to start with an mbc, and a boost gauge, the typical bolt ons, exhaust, DP UP. I will be reading through the boards to see what the best upgrade path is.

Well thanks! I am looking to trade my 06 rsx in, and get into one of these.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by going2tdc View Post
    Ok, considering buying a 08 WRX. I would like to know what you guys think is a good price to pay. If it varies by region, I live in Houston Tx. I have been quoted $22.5 for the base with 5 speed. I want to get the premium package, I would like to get it for $22.5. That is probably too low. If you don't mind, what did you guys spend on your 08's?

Also, I take it the 2008 is a new body style, are there any mods available as of yet? I was reading somewhere that the stock turbo is allready "maxed" out , is this true? I would like to start with an mbc, and a boost gauge, the typical bolt ons, exhaust, DP UP. I will be reading through the boards to see what the best upgrade path is.

Well thanks! I am looking to trade my 06 rsx in, and get into one of these.
    Welcome. $22.5k is too low for a premium IMO.

MBC's are only good with proper tuning.

Yes their are mods avalable.

No the stock turbo isn't "maxxed out" yet.

Search is your friend.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Explore the links in my signature
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Keep us posted on the search.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hey, I payed 21,750 for my new 08 WRX base model. Most dealers are generally looking for 3 grand additional any any premium package. IMO its a nice package but it isnt worth it if your willing to take the time and do it yourself. I plan to install an avic d3 I had from my previous car this weekend. That takes care of the nav and I get a dvd player =). The only plus from the premium package in my opinion is the leather seats.

Go to edmunds.com to find a good price. Invoice on the 08 WRX no options, straight up down to the bones base model is $22997. That means that we, the dealership, buy them for this price. If you have a dealership offering you one at $22,500 then i would jump on that. But, buyer beware, if a dealership is selling a car at less than invoice, you have to wonder why? We make money by selling cars for a profit, not a loss.

Edit: If you would like to be an authorized vendor on our site, please PM admin "(Tim) BlazinWRX" or email him.
    Last edited by TheJ; 04-07-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: No links to non-vendor sites, no unauthorized vending

Actually the invoice price listed online is not always accurate or the price the dealer really buys the car from the manufacture for. Also if a dealer is overstocked on a particular model and its near the end of the month they will often be willing to step below that invoice price in order to meet their quotas. The larger the dealership and the more cars they sell the more likely they are willing to cut you a deal near the end of the month if they havent met their numbers. In the case of my car, most dealers are heavly over stocked on 08 WRX's and this was back in march when subaru was running its small tent big event special. I was actually highly contemplating waiting untill mitsubishi released its railart edition of the evo but because it was so close to the end of the month I was able to get my car for several hundred dollars below invoice and in addition to that the vehicle only had 9 miles on it. Plus I was able to pick up on subaru's incentivised financing and get 4.9% interrest for 5 years. I consider that extremely low for someone who has only owned one other new vehicle for 6 months and taking into account I'm only 21. Maybe I would have enjoyed the railart more, I'll never know but I'm very happy with the deal I did get.