newbie with the suby
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on newbie with the suby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wassup folks! im new to the clubwrx.net community. im here to share my car with u folks and gain as ...

newbie with the suby

wassup folks! im new to the clubwrx.net community. im here to share my car with u folks and gain as much knowledge as possible about the wrx/legacy platforms ive grown to love. these are my current mods at the moment:

Godspeed 3in turbo-back
    Godspeed turbo inlet
    Ebay unequal length headers (may upgrade soon to something a lil better)
    Turbo XS FMIC kit with RFL BOV (waiting to put on car so it can be tuned all at once)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. Fairly new myself but used this site for tons of info already
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Plenty to see, read and learn - enjoy!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

thanks. this is most likely going to be the forum i use for information from now on. im on another forum (www.tristatetuners.com) and alot of those dudes just try n shoot down most of the stuff i talk about doing to the car. which is very gay to me if someone chooses to go one way with their car let them do it. they end up paying for it in the end right? haha

my only plans for the car as for now is to run it with the interclooer kit and see how well the bov works (i will have an HKS one as a freebie so we'll see what works better) and tune it for maybe 17psi max and just drive it and have fun with it. thats it. lol. no big 1/4 mile time goals. none of that ****.

one thing i dont wanna hear from fools is what i should do/dont do to make MY car like their car (which could run like **** u never know what bull**** people could tell u on the internet).

and it was brought to my attention by a couple "experts" on the same forum that a fmic kit will make subarus slower...............................um yea.........right. thats why they cost as much as they do (for a reason) AND actually add a ****load of response to the car right?

the bull**** never stops. im patiently waiting for someone to jump on this thread and let me have it. lol. just a tip for new wrx drivers out there: dont be discouraged by *******s on forums. just take advice from actual certified subaru techs and mechanics with alot of subaru experience - not the jerk who has blown everything in his car 3 or 4 times and now thinks he has some sort of "tech" know-how about the particular car when all he has a long list of repair receipts lmao. only take advice from professionals.
    let ricers be ricers.

the end goal is to have fun and enjoy ur car. plain and simple.
    Last edited by TheJ; 04-12-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Do not dodge the swear filter.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    no offense dude but youre sounding kind of ignorant. all of the advice given on these forums are to help you out for good not bad. just because something is EXPENSIVE doesnt mean it will help your car out.

for examples, one again.. covered for the 80th time this week, most BOV'S ARE HORRIBLE. youre pretty much killing your car by putting one on and hardly anyone on this website will recommend them.

try reading these stickies:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/

oh, and try to cut down on the language. reading ************** ***************** ****************************** isnt very awesome
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 04-12-2008 at 06:38 AM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    no offense dude but youre sounding kind of ignorant. all of the advice given on these forums are to help you out for good not bad. just because something is EXPENSIVE doesnt mean it will help your car out.

for examples, one again.. covered for the 80th time this week, most BOV'S ARE HORRIBLE. youre pretty much killing your car by putting one on and hardly anyone on this website will recommend them.

try reading these stickies:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

oh, and try to cut down on the language. reading ************** ***************** ****************************** isnt very awesome
    its not the first time ive been told this. however - my factory BOV doesn't seem to let enough air out and it seems to hiccup between shifts = not good.

and to add to that - a good friend of mine runs an atmospheric BOV on his STi (same exhaust as mine) and it runs perfectly fine. its a GFB brand i believe. another close friend (02 wagon) had a factory evo 9 RS bov that also ran atmospheric and the same thing - no problems. the wagon was running sti turbo and injectors tho i might add, plus a fmic and the same exhaust setup that im running.

the advice and warnings i dont mind. but honestly if what i have works, no major issues - then let me be. i know the forums are a way of help for lil things here n there but i don't wanna hear people preach to me about stuff if they've only barely modded their car. lol.

nice car , ive got a blob eye to! and as for the atmospheric bov...i have one to and my car has ran fine.. for almost 95k miles. so keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. View Post
    nice car , ive got a blob eye to! and as for the atmospheric bov...i have one to and my car has ran fine.. for almost 95k miles. so keep it up
    thats not bad. that goes right along with my point too. the exhaust setup that my car runs - pretty much necessitates a better BOV than the stock one. the turbo hits full boost - and miraculously - keeps it. so when i do let off the gas, it vents but doesnt seem to vent enough air FAST enough. if that makes sense to anyone. of course the forum jerks (not calling anyone out here btw) will of course call me a ricer for wanting a BOV cuz of the "sound" but hey ya know what _______________________. i tell off those jerks cuz they have nothing better to do. it may be a lil bit of noise but if it does the job efficiently then thats what i want.

so now my goal is to sound awesome? lmao my ex used that word too much n it drove me nuts - just for me please - keep the "awesomes" to a minimum.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post

WTF......

dont make me climb thru this monitor and kill you!!!

haha j/k

I really can't see this thread going anywhere good...
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    I really can't see this thread going anywhere good...
    Black 2004 WRX STi - BlobEye Syndicate #200
    "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no EVO."
    I'm always looking for Subaru fanatics in the greater Montreal area. If your close, send me a pm.

a put anything on my car that will make more noise lol thats why i got one haha i dont care if people call me a ricer.. its your car do what you want

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.