08 WRX yesterday
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 WRX yesterday within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lease for 3 years, considering buying it after the lease is up. Just learned how to drive a stick yesturday, ...

08 WRX yesterday

Lease for 3 years, considering buying it after the lease is up. Just learned how to drive a stick yesturday, stalled it about 3 times through the day getting used to it. By the end of the day was driving it pretty well. I think driving a manual trans is a skill everyone should learn.

Dark Grey Metallic 5 door

Thinking about putting an after market blow-off valve and or cool air intake, but not gona spend a boatload of money on it incase I decide not to buy it after the lease. Can anyone tell me what kind of parts void the warrenty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

The warranty modifying questions basically works like this: If your dealer can reasonable conclude that a part you changed caused or may have caused an issue that you are trying to claim under warranty, then you lose.

In other words, if you change your muffler and your engines blows up, your after market muffler should not preclude you from claiming the problem with your engine is a warranty issue.

BOVs and CAIs are not popular on this site.

Please take some time to explore the links in my signature.
    Last edited by TheJ; 03-30-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spillin>me
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club! Enjoy the site!

BOVs and CAIs are evil. Use the search button and you will find out why!

Good luck on the car!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and dont get a BOV.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Is there any way I can make the stock one a bit louder?

Quote Originally Posted by mblain17 View Post
    Is there any way I can make the stock one a bit louder?
    when i was at the dealer, he had told me that putting on a new exhaust would be a good idea, because he had told me the stock exhaust was too restrictive, and he also told me that just as long as i put the stock exhaust back on if i decide to turn it in after the lease. but the first thing i plan on getting is the Cobb AP.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    intake silencer delete + air filter (or a short ram intake) will make a subtle yet noticeable "pshhhh"

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    intake silencer delete + air filter (or a short ram intake) will make a subtle yet noticeable "pshhhh"
    +1, if your looking for the "pshhhh" go with this, it sounds nice.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

Welcome to the club and nice car. Like everyone is saying, look into these mods before you buy. Those two are gonna cause trouble. Speaking of causiing trouble, your title could be taken as a direct challenge by rr1911 for his title of worst speller ever.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Yeah after reading a few of those BOVs and CAI are not the way to go, especially because im looking for reliability in my car. The Cobb AP looks like a great upgrade.

edit: ahah yeah my spelling is terrible, but thats what happens when you rely on the spell check all the time.
    Last edited by mblain17; 03-31-2008 at 10:56 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

BOVs and CAIs will instantaneously suck every life fluid out of your new WRX, leaving you with a smoldering seized up mess. Sort of.

Lease for 3 years, considering buying it after the lease is up. Just learned how to drive a stick yesturday, stalled it about 3 times through the day getting used to it. By the end of the day was driving it pretty well. I think driving a manual trans is a skill everyone should learn.
    There have been a few "Should I buy / drive a 5 speed?" threads / questions recently. Your statement can help others see the light - nice going!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Yeah after reading a few of those BOVs and CAI are not the way to go, especially because im looking for reliability in my car. The Cobb AP looks like a great upgrade.

edit: ahah yeah my spelling is terrible, but thats what happens when you rely on the spell check all the time.
    congrats!

I have an '08 wrx 5dr too. just leave the bov and intake alone. I got the Cobb ap from Perrin and they included a Perrin stage 1 map with it. car feels better than stock on the butt dyno. Perrin's map, as they claim, is better than Cobb's. it pulls a bit better though, but not drastically. of course, for a bit more gas :-P

I wanna upgrade the exhaust too. definitely tbe. I have seen few systems in the market. but not too many clips yet. so I think I'll wait for it to mature.

for now, I'm gonna stiffen up the suspension a bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    <I had to fix title. I just couldn't take it anymore...>
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.