Just ordered pearl white WRX, sad to leave RX-8

This is a discussion on Just ordered pearl white WRX, sad to leave RX-8 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just ordered a 4-door pearl white WRX with premium package. I am pretty pumped given the fact that I ...

Just ordered pearl white WRX, sad to leave RX-8

I just ordered a 4-door pearl white WRX with premium package. I am pretty pumped given the fact that I needed a four door car for my new baby. I am a little sad to get rid of the RX-8 (sweet ride), but what can i do? The wife wanted me to buy a camry!! Coming from a long stint at the RX-8 forum, I am anxious to browse this forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard. I looked seriously at the RX8 before purchasing the WRX. It has a beautiful cockpit and an aggressive look, but lacks on the interior storage front. You won't be too sad.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

The first thing I noticed during the test drive was the difference of the tranny feel. The 6-speed is incredible in the rx-8. The 5 speed in the WRX was so-so, but the car seemed faster than the rx-8, at least in a straight line. Love the turbo feel. Being in upstate NY, I am anxious for the heated wiper, seats, mirrors for next winter!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ccd2us View Post
    The first thing I noticed during the test drive was the difference of the tranny feel. The 6-speed is incredible in the rx-8. The 5 speed in the WRX was so-so, but the car seemed faster than the rx-8, at least in a straight line. Love the turbo feel. Being in upstate NY, I am anxious for the heated wiper, seats, mirrors for next winter!
    Yea the RX8 tranny is smoother operating machine. I have actually refined my tranny a bit so it shifts a lot better than factory. Urethane Shifter bushings, Tranny mount and bushings along with a good fluid help considerably. I have an 06 but have driven the 08, its a very nice machine. My first mod though would be a shift knob. The factory one is ginormous
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by ccd2us View Post
    I just ordered a 4-door pearl white WRX with premium package. I am pretty pumped given the fact that I needed a four door car for my new baby. I am a little sad to get rid of the RX-8 (sweet ride), but what can i do? The wife wanted me to buy a camry!! Coming from a long stint at the RX-8 forum, I am anxious to browse this forum.
    is it true the rx-8 consumes oil like crazy? someone told me you have to put a quart every month on it.

anyway, don't feel too bad. isn't the symmetrical awd combined with a turbo enough to dry your tears?

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fragroute View Post
    is it true the rx-8 consumes oil like crazy? someone told me you have to put a quart every month on it.

anyway, don't feel too bad. isn't the symmetrical awd combined with a turbo enough to dry your tears?

cheers!
    It does consume oil by design. I was putting in about 2 quarts between oil changes ~4000 miles.

I am pumped on the AWD, but I have to say that the RX-8 with new blizzack snows on it was the best car I have ever driven in the snow. (I have never owned an AWD car).