new 2005 sti
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new 2005 sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; YAY i just got myself an 05 sti with about 20k miles for under 25grand =D so what should i ...

new 2005 sti

YAY i just got myself an 05 sti with about 20k miles for under 25grand =D
    so what should i do next with it? it has an alpine head unit as well as amps under each seat.
    and for the mods, all it has is an injen cold air

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club man!! Post some pics. As for mods.....Cobb AP!!!
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

hrmm ill post some pics up once i can get my camera to sync with my computer XD but how do i post up pictures without having the link? do you guys just use another site and just get the url from that?

nice..i usually use photobucket....first thing i would do is get a cobb accessport
    BugEye Mafia Memba 165

hrmm yeah a few people have told me to get a cobb ap even before i bought the sti. they gave me a huge list of things actually, so im thinking of a 2-3 year project on this car while im in college XD
    cobb ap
    cobb 3" turbo back
    hks ssqbov
    tial wastegate
    sway bars
    and a coil over kit but i have no clue which ones, i was originally thinking of tian but i heard mixed reviews on those

i would skip the BOV and get some springs or something. trust me i know from experiance BOVs are no good. i had one on my car when i got it and altho i loved the sound my car ran like **** and got worse gas milage. spend the money on something else
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

hrmm, alright thatll def be taken into consideration =D
    here are the pictures, the first is at a gas station on the way up
    and the second is my mom trying to drive the car in the parking lot after i got used to the clutch

Last edited by sicksynergy; 03-26-2008 at 09:43 PM.

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

mehh wow, never took into consideration that a lil bov could do that XD
    haha alright so yeah, def skipping the bov idea. if anything i might also add a boost controller and turbo timer to keep the car in the best condition i possibly can. i also like having control of the car, not saying that the car doesnt give me enough control as it is, so i think im going to consider the coilover kit, and sway bars. anyone have recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by sicksynergy View Post
    mehh wow, never took into consideration that a lil bov could do that XD
    haha alright so yeah, def skipping the bov idea. if anything i might also add a boost controller and turbo timer to keep the car in the best condition i possibly can. i also like having control of the car, not saying that the car doesnt give me enough control as it is, so i think im going to consider the coilover kit, and sway bars. anyone have recommendations?
    no need for a boost controller either. the accessport will give u more boost safely. as far as a turbo timer goes people say our cars dont need one but i also want one, it cant hurt. depends on how much u want to spend on coilovers. why is your face blocked out on that one pic? scared we will make fun of u or something? hahaha

edit: oh its ur mom, i didnt see u edited it. well why cant we see if ur moms hot or what the dealeo is hahaha jk
    Last edited by wunderboy987; 03-26-2008 at 10:01 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by sicksynergy
    cobb 3" turbo back
    FYI: It's not a full 3" TBE - it tapers down to 2.5"

Quote Originally Posted by sicksynergy
    tial wastegate
    You'll also need an UP to go with it. Make sure you listen to someone with an EWG setup - personally, I love the sound, but other people don't really care for it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

if anything i might also add a boost controller and turbo timer to keep the car in the best condition i possibly can. i also like having control of the car, not saying that the car doesnít give me enough control as it is, so I think im going to consider the coilover kit, and sway bars. Anyone have recommendations?
    Boost does not increase horsepower; you will shorten your engines life. If you want more power get a CATTED downpipe and engine mgmt, like the AP.

The reason you do not need a turbo timer is because subaru has implemented technology in our cars that others have not. First, when you start your car and drive off, i would stay out of boost till it is at operating temp. Your last few miles before you will be shutting your engine down and parking again stay out of boost. Our turbos are oil and water cooled. Once the motor is off, the pressure that is created in the turbo from the heat will continue to rise to the reservoir and coolant will continue to be ran through the turbo until it has cooled down and no more pressure moves coolant. If you want to spend the money, its your own, just know its a waste of money for a stock turbo.

Coilovers arenít worth it if you are just using it for a daily driver. If you want to autocross then i would. Sway bars, you could get a nice set up with some end links, this would help you tighten up your suspension, unless you think you will take a lot of tight turns or autocross rethink buying these. These are good... http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/suspension/hotchkis_sb.htm
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    FYI: It's not a full 3" TBE - it tapers down to 2.5"
    Unless you upgrade your turbo, there's no need for a full 3" exhaust. The 2.5" setup provides more than enough flow.

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    You'll also need an UP to go with it.
    Did you mean to type AP instead of UP?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    Did you mean to type AP instead of UP?
    There is no OTS Cobb map that accounts for the EWG. You'll need to get a Protune. He'll need to get an UP that's mounted for an EWG setup (e.g., Grimmspeed).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

YAY i just got myself an 05 sti with about 20k miles for under 25grand =D
    so what should i do next with it? it has an alpine head unit as well as amps under each seat.
    and for the mods, all it has is an injen cold air
    CAI isnt the best mod for the engine, although it should be ok as long as no water gets in. You may want to find a stock air box to be safe.
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast