New Here - looking at getting a used WRX :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Here - looking at getting a used WRX :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking at possibly getting this, the 05 wagon I was talking about earlier - here's the post: 2005 WRB Subaru ...

Update!

Looking at possibly getting this, the 05 wagon I was talking about earlier - here's the post:

2005 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
    41,000 miles
    5-Speed
    Completely Stock (except wheels, mudflaps, headlights.)
    Excellent Mechanical and Physical Condition.
    Oil Changed Every 3000 Miles, always with Mobil 1.
    Rally Armor Limited Mudflaps
    Yakima Roof Rack With Ski and Snowboard Rack

ENGINE SHORTBLOCK WAS JUST REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY AT 40K.

15x7 Enkei RC-G4 Gold Rally Wheels With Brand New 205-55-15 Pirelli 4 Season Tires.

Price reflects brand new short block, and Enkei Rally Wheels with brand new Pirelli tires.

Price: $20,500 with wheels and tires
    $19,500 with stock wheels and tires.

Negotiated to $18,000 w/ stock wheels/tires and having him take off the mudflaps and yakima rack.

Think it's a good deal? The carfax comes up just as he said it would, with one accident reported (He had some rocks hit his front bumper and had to have it replaced/paint matched). He is the third owner, and has put 20k miles on it in the last year. Before that, the first owners (2 ppl registered to it) put 17k miles on it and then it was auctioned off in montana and brought up here to WA state where the second owner, some gay guy, only owned it for 5 months before selling it to the person I'm dealing with now.

Anyways, just looking for some input. It'd be much appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That car has changed hands a lot... Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider.

Too bad you negotiated out the wheels - I like them. Either way, looks like a clean wagon.

When the engine was replaced, were all the old parts just bolted back onto the new engine?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Why was the short block replaced...
    Just a factory defect, beaten on too hard?
    This raises flags about that car.

I dont think he should consider the cost of the new shortblock to raise the value, warrenty should have covered it.

Id pay no more than 16k, to be honest I wouldnt buy it.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

+1 I wouldn't spend that much money on a car that has had that kind of work done on it. There had to have been a reason to replace it. Find out why, you can call the dealer and if it was done under warranty they can tell you why.
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Thanks for your input - I already had some red flags raised for me personally.. considering he got pretty upset when trying to negotiate, it almost made me feel like there was something wrong with the car and that he really wanted to sell it. Think I'm going to just wait for a better, cleaner wagon to buy. Thanks!

Btw.. I took a private stick shift lesson yesterday and the instructor was like "So why did you buy this lesson? You're doing really well!" So I'm definitely going to be getting a manual once I find one

Found another possible car to look into - what do you guys think? Thanks again so far for all the help and input, really steering me in the right direction and I can't thank you enough! Can't wait to officially join club WRX once I get one of my own, gonna be awesome!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=70

Here check this out, I found something that might help you if you want to learn stick, It really doesn't take that long to get the hang of it

Instructions: they all say the same thing but in a little bit different ways

http://www.whtc.com/Shared/Auto/tuto...earnstick.html
    http://www.standardshift.com/faq.html
    http://www.10w40.com/individual/100186.asp

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t85kDzc76ZE

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club

i'm a GIRL and i learned how to drive a manual at the age of 14 so... dont be a wuss and go learn

i think everyone should know how to drive every type of vehicle for safety/emergency reasons anyway.

but yeah, good luck with your purchase!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the links! Yeah I had a friend take me out in his VW Bug, and then I drove one WRX around in the parking lot before taking my private lesson. It all really helped! Definitely going stick when I get one - will just have to practice practice, but I don't have a prob with that. Now just need to find the WRX to buy, Hehe!

What about this one?

European Motors Specials

Seems stock from the link - also seems like a reasonable price. Carfax came back clean with just one owner.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In Vermont, that would be an amazing price for those low miles.

I would get the carfax report and take it to a mechanic. Other than that, seems like a great deal.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    What about this one?

European Motors Specials

Seems stock from the link - also seems like a reasonable price. Carfax came back clean with just one owner.

that one looks nice.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Yeah I really think I'm gonna try to jump on this. Seems like a great deal - got the carfax so would just want to take it to a mechanic. What kinda of mechanic would you take it to? Subaru dealership one or a third party? Don't really have any mechanic that I do lots of work with so not too sure really.

Oh and price, what go in and offer $14,000 and try to cut off a couple hundred or what?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    Yeah I really think I'm gonna try to jump on this. Seems like a great deal - got the carfax so would just want to take it to a mechanic. What kinda of mechanic would you take it to? Subaru dealership one or a third party? Don't really have any mechanic that I do lots of work with so not too sure really.

Oh and price, what go in and offer $14,000 and try to cut off a couple hundred or what?
    14 would be reasonable i would offer 13.8 and try to end up at 14.

i got my 03 wagon with 67k miles on it for 12,400 (in my area the AWD holds value more) so 14 would be a good price for this one.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12