Im new here and need some help please

This is a discussion on Im new here and need some help please within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got a 1994 subaru wrx sti only upgrade seems to be muffler system. i was drivin the other ...

Im new here and need some help please

I just got a 1994 subaru wrx sti only upgrade seems to be muffler system. i was drivin the other day and my rev needle went straight to zero and the car died but when i let up off the pedal it came back. It has been doing that ever since. I just changed the plugs, fuel filter, air filter,and i put a lucas fuel system cleaner in the tank but nothing has changed help please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2951.jpg   100_2952.jpg   100_2953.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Whereabouts are you located?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

welcome sorry about the bad luck.It looks as if you have jdm model sti. Have you maybe considered an ECU problem maybe a short. Im not a subaru guru or anything of the sort. Maybe a little more indepth info would help. Hope everything works out.

welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

response

I live in the Bahamas and another thing i noticed was that the CEL is on. Im gonna try to check my injectors because the day that i put fuel in the car when it came on the boat the needle was hard on E after i put some fuel in it thats when the problem started the fuel in the fuel filter was black so im gonna try cleaning my injectors. Would buy some new one but they dont sell them here

I Support ClubWRX
    Did the car rev and drive normally before you put fuel in it?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Before i put the fuel in it drove fine and it felt good too. I cleaned two of the injectors and the cel started blinking now its back on solid. Can the wrong battery mean anything because the battery that im using is smaller than the one it came with dont think so but im just asking. Can it be a bad pump or a dirty sock on the pump? A friend of mine who is well versed in cars said that fuel pressure may be off says that it feels like over boost. Im gonna change the pump tomorrow to a walboro is that a good sugguestion