This is a discussion on newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone! I just bought my first subaru yesterday and so far I love it! It is a 04 WRX ...

hey everyone! I just bought my first subaru yesterday and so far I love it! It is a 04 WRX Wagon w/66,ooo miles.The previous owner installed a cobb up-pipe and Borla catback exhaust. Since I am new to this stuff I would like any helpful input from all the pros out there. I cant wait to get back on the road. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonRXer View Post
    hey everyone! I just bought my first subaru yesterday and so far I love it! It is a 04 WRX Wagon w/66,ooo miles.The previous owner installed a cobb up-pipe and Borla catback exhaust. Since I am new to this stuff I would like any helpful input from all the pros out there. I cant wait to get back on the road. thanks
    those are two good First mods,

congrats and Welcome to the Club
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Congrats! You will like it a lot, especially you have a lot to carry.
    Those mods are pretty tame as well (hopefully the person did an ECU reflash). Welcome to the Subaru community!

Quote Originally Posted by crazygin50 View Post
    (hopefully the person did an ECU reflash).
    Not with just an up pipe and Catback those mods do not require Engine Management.

Although you should check out the Cobb Accessport I just got mine after months of research and besides the much improved power it also serves as a diagnostic tool and Averages MPG, and works like a turbo gauge too

really cool and definitely a great addition to the WRX

there are other solutions besides the AP but i choose it due to the added features and Ease of use.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

hey thanks for the welcome. I have heard of the AP and really want to add it to my wagon, but I was wondering if i need to install a new down-pipe as well before i can us an AP(?)

Quote Originally Posted by WagonRXer View Post
    hey thanks for the welcome. I have heard of the AP and really want to add it to my wagon, but I was wondering if i need to install a new down-pipe as well before i can us an AP(?)
    i installed my AP and flashed stage one 93 octane map on my completly stock car and it made a pretty big difference the car is easier to drive slowly and feels smoother and faster

also the AP is mounted on my dash so i can read MPG, and Turbo PSi and lots of other cool stuff.

i plan on a Grimmspeed Uppipe and invidia Downpipe i am not sure what catback i will use.

easier driving at slow speeds is worth it alone but more power is a definate perk

the cobb units i found averaged about 600.00

where did you find yours?

I ordered my V2 AP for 695 From cobb last monday and it was here thursday.

where did you find it for 600?

the Stock Map sucks compared to the stage 1 map, the power comes on smooth with less lag and it holds peak HP all the way to 7000rpm.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

sorry my bad 695 is right . I was thinking I saw them for 595.00. Even at 700.00 its a good deal, I hope to order one here in the next couple of weeks