08 Wrx

This is a discussion on 08 Wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up an 08 WRX on Wednesday. Its alot different from my old car. but overall I'm very happy ...

08 Wrx

Just picked up an 08 WRX on Wednesday. Its alot different from my old car. but overall I'm very happy with it. I used to drive an Audi B5 S4. However the maintenance was starting to get out of control. every week it was something new, and honestly i just dont have the time for it anymore. Needed to get into something a little more reliable. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of boost these cars are running stock? I probally wont mod this car out for long time (if ever). I put alot of money in the S4 and dont have it to throw around right now. But i would still like to do a few small things. wheels exhaust intake. Who makes software for our car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, did you get the 4 or 5 door?

Intakes do not yeild any power gains, however they do make a cool sound of air getting sucked it. I think cobb is the only company with engine mgmt right now, maybe you could open source too. Alot of stuff is still in production. Check out supplier sites like www.oakos.com or www.jscspeed.com Just remember Subaru reserves the right to deny a warrenty claim if they feel the failure of a part was casued by an aftermarket modification. Subaru has their own "aftermarket" line of parts called SPT, that will not casue trouble if you need to get a warrenty claim started.

Wheres the pics?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Welcome, did you get the 4 or 5 door?

Intakes do not yeild any power gains, however they do make a cool sound of air getting sucked it. I think cobb is the only company with engine mgmt right now, maybe you could open source too. Alot of stuff is still in production. Check out supplier sites like www.oakos.com or www.jscspeed.com Just remember Subaru reserves the right to deny a warrenty claim if they feel the failure of a part was casued by an aftermarket modification. Subaru has their own "aftermarket" line of parts called SPT, that will not casue trouble if you need to get a warrenty claim started.

Wheres the pics?

5dr

Pics will be up later today or tomorrow. I have to go take some. I went with the 5 door. Thanks for those sites Im goign to check them out now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itwilldofornow View Post
    I went with the 5 door.
    Good Choice

Welcome to the club
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by RescueDiver View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome!
    what made you choose this thread to post your 2nd post in 2 years?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    what made you choose this thread to post your 2nd post in 2 years?

So I could post pictures of a HID kit I intend on selling on the personal for sale section of the forums. Thanks for making me feel welcome by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RescueDiver View Post
    So I could post pictures of a HID kit I intend on selling on the personal for sale section of the forums. Thanks for making me feel welcome by the way.
    that explains it

Welcome back

Nice supra BTW you should start a show off thread with some pictures for us