New (sorta) '05 Wagon owner reporting in!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New (sorta) '05 Wagon owner reporting in! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I've been lurking this forum for quite a while now, and have been wanting a WRX for the ...

New (sorta) '05 Wagon owner reporting in!

Hey guys,

I've been lurking this forum for quite a while now, and have been wanting a WRX for the past year or so. Well, I finally got one! I just picked up my new baby today, a 2005 WRX Wagon, 5 speed, silver, with an OEM boost gauge. She's got 38,000 miles on her, and is completely stock. Paid $17,400 not counting tax. I'm super excited, and will post up pics soon.

Looking forward to less lurking and more typing, and hopefully going to some Northwest meets as I live in the heart of Seattle!
    2005 Silver WRX Wagon - picked up 03/20/08!
    My Photography Website <-- If you live in the Pacific Northwest and want some sick pics of your car - hit me up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club. cant wait to see the pics. i have a softspot for wagons. haha

enjoy your stay

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congratulations on your new wagon.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Sounds like a good deal, you'll enjoy it.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I'm sorta a new (old) member as well. Wife has an '05 WRX Wagon.

w00t for another wagon
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

Congrats! Nice to have another wagon on board!
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, greetings and welocome to the club! (sort of)
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Anyone good with dents? I made the mistake of slamming the wife's hatch with my hand on the outside. Trying to do a search right now 'bout it.

wagons kick ass especial when you beat a honda civic in one, that is the unspeakable, for a teenage with a honda to get run over by a wagon no less, welcome,
    subaru all the way
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Emsbuff124 View Post
    wagons kick ass especial when you beat a honda civic in one, that is the unspeakable, for a teenage with a honda to get run over by a wagon no less, welcome,
    subaru all the way
    Oh man, I'm looking forward to that!
    I'm going to head out with a friend who has a 91 Legacy STi Swap, so we'll be getting some pics up soon.
    I took some friends out in my car last night, they couldn't believe how fast it accelerated, with 5 of us in the car.
    My Photography Website <-- If you live in the Pacific Northwest and want some sick pics of your car - hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Oh man, I'm looking forward to that!
    I'm going to head out with a friend who has a 91 Legacy STi Swap, so we'll be getting some pics up soon.
    I took some friends out in my car last night, they couldn't believe how fast it accelerated, with 5 of us in the car.
    Amen to that its the same with me i had four of my buds in my stock 4 door wrx, and i was comming on the high way at tacked it at 4 grand comming around the on ramp and just dropped the hammer and we hit 80 in nothing flat, you deffently got to put those pics up, i mean theres nothing like a grocery getting beating the honda punks( no offense to any honda owners really i mean it) that think subarus are meant for the retired..... SUBARU POWER
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Emsbuff124 View Post
    Amen to that its the same with me i had four of my buds in my stock 4 door wrx, and i was comming on the high way at tacked it at 4 grand comming around the on ramp and just dropped the hammer and we hit 80 in nothing flat, you deffently got to put those pics up, i mean theres nothing like a grocery getting beating the honda punks( no offense to any honda owners really i mean it) that think subarus are meant for the retired..... SUBARU POWER
    Hehe, I'm coming from a Prelude. At least it's a little better than a Civic, though they are fairly heavy cars.

Quick question: I'm hoping to go Stage 2 in the next few months by purchasing used parts and a V1 Accessport. My thoughts right now are to purchase a used STi exhaust, Catless uppipe and catted downpipe.

The main thing I'm wondering about is: is it worth it to upgrade to an STi exhaust? Is the actual diameter large enough to merit the upgrade? I don't want to buy a massive canister exhaust, and would rather keep a somewhat stock look, so it seemed like the STI exhaust would be good for the price.

Also, would a used STi intercooler provide any significant benefits?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Hehe, I'm coming from a Prelude. At least it's a little better than a Civic, though they are fairly heavy cars.

Quick question: I'm hoping to go Stage 2 in the next few months by purchasing used parts and a V1 Accessport. My thoughts right now are to purchase a used STi exhaust, Catless uppipe and catted downpipe.

The main thing I'm wondering about is: is it worth it to upgrade to an STi exhaust? Is the actual diameter large enough to merit the upgrade? I don't want to buy a massive canister exhaust, and would rather keep a somewhat stock look, so it seemed like the STI exhaust would be good for the price.

Also, would a used STi intercooler provide any significant benefits?
    you can just put a catless downpipe and uppipe on and used the stock catback the STI one is not very different
    you can flash stage2 with stock catback
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    you can just put a catless downpipe and uppipe on and used the stock catback the STI one is not very different
    you can flash stage2 with stock catback
    Does the stock catback have a cat in it already? Actually, that's a dumb question, cuz it's called a catback exhaust... eh?

I'd like to keep one cat - just so that I feel like I'm not killing the environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast