New (sorta) '05 Wagon owner reporting in! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New (sorta) '05 Wagon owner reporting in! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here's some pics of my new baby... Just went out and had a photoshoot with a bud. And here's a ...

Here's some pics of my new baby... Just went out and had a photoshoot with a bud.

And here's a photo of the two cars. My friend owns a 91 Legacy STi Swap. It's fast!

2005 Silver WRX Wagon - picked up 03/20/08!
    My Photography Website <-- If you live in the Pacific Northwest and want some sick pics of your car - hit me up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Does the stock catback have a cat in it already? Actually, that's a dumb question, cuz it's called a catback exhaust... eh?

I'd like to keep one cat - just so that I feel like I'm not killing the environment.
    what you need is a high flow catted downpipe like the cobb street downpipe.

FWIW Catless produces less greenhouse gasses
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    what you need is a high flow catted downpipe like the cobb street downpipe.

FWIW Catless produces less greenhouse gasses
    Seriously? So why have a cat in there?
    My Photography Website <-- If you live in the Pacific Northwest and want some sick pics of your car - hit me up.

sick car man you should do a front mount intercooler on it it would look sick
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Seriously? So why have a cat in there?
    A cat (or catalyst) helps burn any *unburned* gases in the exhaust mix. CO2 is the result of complete combustion. The incomplete byproducts are nitrogen oxide, unburned hydrocarbons, and carbon monoxide. The catalytic converter reduces nitrogen oxide into Nitrogen and Oxygen, oxidizes carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide, and oxidizes unburnt hydrocarbons into CO2 and water. All of these unburnt gasses are technically worse than CO2. But the overblown global warming craze has made CO2 the evil of the world. So take your pick I guess.

Comparatively speaking the few of us car nuts out there that are running cars without catalytic converters is not going to have an adverse effect on the environment. It's when you had the entire country running cars without them that we were seeing the serious air pollution problems. Think about all the lawnmowers, race cars, boats, tractors, gas powered whatevers... that don't have a catalytic converter on them and then ask yourself if taking the cat off your car is going to hurt anything.
    Last edited by RescueDiver; 03-22-2008 at 08:45 AM.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RescueDiver View Post
    A cat (or catalyst) helps burn any *unburned* gases in the exhaust mix. CO2 is the result of complete combustion. The incomplete byproducts are nitrogen oxide, unburned hydrocarbons, and carbon monoxide. The catalytic converter reduces nitrogen oxide into Nitrogen and Oxygen, oxidizes carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide, and oxidizes unburnt hydrocarbons into CO2 and water. All of these unburnt gasses are technically worse than CO2. But the overblown global warming craze has made CO2 the evil of the world. So take your pick I guess.

Comparatively speaking the few of us car nuts out there that are running cars without catalytic converters is not going to have an adverse effect on the environment. It's when you had the entire country running cars without them that we were seeing the serious air pollution problems. Think about all the lawnmowers, race cars, boats, tractors, gas powered whatevers... that don't have a catalytic converter on them and then ask yourself if taking the cat off your car is going to hurt anything.
    +1

Sooo when are you going to start a thread with pictures of your Supra?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    +1

Sooo when are you going to start a thread with pictures of your Supra?

Kind of the wrong place for that... but maybe if/when I find someone that can take as good of pictures as whoever photographed Cirrus' car.

Quote Originally Posted by RescueDiver View Post
    Kind of the wrong place for that... but maybe if/when I find someone that can take as good of pictures as whoever photographed Cirrus' car.
    Hey man, that's my own work. Look at my photography website.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.