New guy burned by dealer...

This is a discussion on New guy burned by dealer... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sup to all...yes i bought a slightly modded 02 wrx last month and the exact words from the warranty inspector ...

Question New guy burned by dealer...

sup to all...yes i bought a slightly modded 02 wrx last month and the exact words from the warranty inspector where.."nope, no way, no how, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Shame on me for not knowing more about the car before buying it... at one point in it's short life it had been highly modified and then stripped and sold. Now it sits waiting for its transplant...yes a 2.5 with all the added goodies...it's all outta pocket so my question to all is $6k to much? $2k for motor $2k for labor, and $2k for upgrade ecu, goodies and tunning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, 2000 dollars is too much money for labor. Do it yourself, then get it tuned. If you simply cant do it yourself then you may want to find out exactly what that 2,000 is. I dont have a mitchel manual in front of me but it doesnt pay 20 hrs to Remove and replace a motor in a WRX. Thats if the shop is charging $100 PH of labor. Id deffinately only pay what the book says the job pays.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    You may want to contact PRE Racing in Gresham, or World One Performance in Seattle. They may charge a lot less R&R and get you some better goodies or a better motor/turbo package all together.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

what about P.I.A ?

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    You may want to contact PRE Racing in Gresham, or World One Performance in Seattle. They may charge a lot less R&R and get you some better goodies or a better motor/turbo package all together.

what about P.I.A in s. tacoma?

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post