need help about 02 wrx engine

This is a discussion on need help about 02 wrx engine within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello all. i'm new here. My friend bent one of his rods. the engine sucked water while he was driving. ...

need help about 02 wrx engine

hello all. i'm new here.
    My friend bent one of his rods. the engine sucked water while he was driving. the question is can i replece the rod with out pulling the engine out. i have no experience about boxter engines. the other question is what it takes to put an STI engine on my friend's car. i also need a engine name for non sti engine and sti engine. you know the code like rb26 or 2jz.
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 03-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just go with a short block from an 06+ wrx... and EJ255, and STI engine will be an EJ257
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    just go with a short block from an 06+ wrx... and EJ255, and STI engine will be an EJ257
    thanks. he wants to know if it's possible to an sti engine on if there is not too much work in it.

an sti short block is possible without changing the wiring harness.. that would do.. just get the heads sent to a shop to get ported and polished and machined, and buy thicker head gaskets(to bring down the compression ratio, because wrx heads on a sti engine casue high compreesion ratios) and get it tuned!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

an sti short block is possible without changing the wiring harness.. that would do.. just get the heads sent to a shop to get ported and polished and machined, and buy thicker head gaskets(to bring down the compression ratio, because wrx heads on a sti engine casue high compreesion ratios) and get it tuned!
    how about the long block? he is trying to buy a used low mileag engine and put it on.

u have to redo the entire wiring harness, i suggest buying the STI long block with low mileage and selling the heads for some profit, but with out redoing the wiring harness, the STI long block cannot just drop into a wrx.

u have to redo the entire wiring harness, i suggest buying the STI long block with low mileage and selling the heads for some profit, but with out redoing the wiring harness, the STI long block cannot just drop into a wrx.
    ohh i see now. so the heads are different. thanks for the info. i will let him know.

the head will bolt up, but the wiring harness wont hook up to the STI harness

the head will bolt up, but the wiring harness wont hook up to the STI harness
    is EJ255 stronger than his 2.0L turbo engine? and what is the facory engine code for 2002 wrx?
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 03-20-2008 at 09:59 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    ej205 is the factory WRX motor. EJ255 is factory WRX 06+. EJ257 is the STi.

There are also some other options like the STi 2.0L EJ207.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4 View Post
    is EJ255 stronger than his 2.0L turbo engine? and what is the facory engine code for 2002 wrx?
    The EJ255 is a 2.5 liter displacement motor. Probably just as strong as the EJ205 but it is .5liters bigger and puts down better torque *obviously*

BUT your working on an 02 which out of the US WRXs had the worst tranny so do your research.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC