4dr Sedan or 5dr Hatch?

This is a discussion on 4dr Sedan or 5dr Hatch? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I personally like the 4-dr sedan better than the hatch, unless I get an STI What are the other noobs ...

4dr Sedan or 5dr Hatch?

I personally like the 4-dr sedan better than the hatch, unless I get an STI

What are the other noobs thinking when it comes to hatch/wagon vs. sedan. I personally have never liked wagons or hatchbacks much, but I also will probably have to transport the doggie from time to time, and was thining the fold down back seats combined with the hatch and some blankets might work. I will lobby to keep most dog transporting in the Tacoma when possible, but the dog pretty much goes where we (my wife and I go) for example to work with my wife almost every day.

Any thoughts? Why did you pick your 5 door or 4 door, and what was your thought process? Maybe I should just get an STI, after all, it would be more practical for the dog, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

go hatch or go home

i personally like hatchbacks, my last car being an '05 scion xA. I went w/ the '08 wrx 5-door. i liked the lines, looked smoother and faster than the sedan. it's all really just personal preference though. plus, the fact that the STi is a 5-door also didn't complicate the decision-making process.

Quote Originally Posted by snowrider View Post
    I personally like the 4-dr sedan better than the hatch, unless I get an STI

What are the other noobs thinking when it comes to hatch/wagon vs. sedan. I personally have never liked wagons or hatchbacks much, but I also will probably have to transport the doggie from time to time, and was thining the fold down back seats combined with the hatch and some blankets might work. I will lobby to keep most dog transporting in the Tacoma when possible, but the dog pretty much goes where we (my wife and I go) for example to work with my wife almost every day.

Any thoughts? Why did you pick your 5 door or 4 door, and what was your thought process? Maybe I should just get an STI, after all, it would be more practical for the dog, right?
    If you can afford the 08 STI I say go for it!! I couldnt afford it but then I got a raise and getting an even BETTER job in the summer, wish I got the STI
    black 08 wrx sedan

I suggest you buy what you like. Get the one you want, not what people on the internet want you to get.

When I made my purchase I wanted a Wagon and sunroof, but at the time that wasn't an option. So I chose a sedan with a sunroof, instead of a wagon without.
    Even though I've moved on to a different car, I still want a WRX wagon with a sunroof.

Thumbs up

I'm all about the STI, the wife's rules are that the montly payment is the same or less than her current car, and a bunch of other financial stuff. I might be able to do the STI if I get a 30 year interest-only ARM for the loan. Maybe I should call Countrywide!

The only problem with the STI is that it totally negates my original argument that having a car is more practical than our gas guzzling SUV. Having a car that requires premium fuel at the same MPG probably as the SUV, $67/mo more insurance, and performance tires that will have to be switched to winter tires (we're near Vail, CO) sort of blows my argument. The good news is that I've broken her down now to where she doesn't care so long as I meet the financial requirments. Now if I can just find an 08 STI (I don't like the older models) for like $29k, it will be perfect! At least with fightingchance.com I might be able to get a few grand off what everyone else is paying...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    I suggest you buy what you like. Get the one you want, not what people on the internet want you to get.
    I agree, I would pick the sedan, but it has to be semi-practical for us. The dog may as well be a toddler as far as my wife is concerned, and I don't want him crapping up a new car because he can't be contained in the back somewhere. How much dog do you think you can fit in that hatch?

On the other hand, that's why blankets, vaccums, and detailing was invented, it just can get muddy here with all the snow...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Hatch.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I think I have the STI test drive lined up for tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by snowrider View Post
    I think I have the STI test drive lined up for tomorrow....
    Welcome! and I'm Jealous/\
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I bought the wagon - even though I wanted the sedan. I am very happy with the utility - and it really looks/drives the same as the sedan from the drivers seat. However, when I walk up to my car from the back, I am reminded that I like the sedan better.

That said - I HAD to get the wagon for kid stuff, fishing poles, etc etc... I still love my car.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    the correct answer is hatchback.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~