Interested new buyer

This is a discussion on Interested new buyer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been doing a lot of research recently into getting a new car and I like the new WRX. ...

Interested new buyer

I have been doing a lot of research recently into getting a new car and I like the new WRX. The '08 model is the type, I am looking into I think the hatch but Iím not set 100%. I like the subdued look so that when I am going down the freeway at 120 I donít stand out with the big wings or anything like that. My question is does anyone have any idea what kind of RW highway mileage the WRX gets? I spend a lot of time on road trips on the freeway and I am hoping to be able to about 400 miles from a tank or close to it at least. Can anyone give me an idea what kind of mileage you get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_vet View Post
    I have been doing a lot of research recently into getting a new car and I like the new WRX. The '08 model is the type, I am looking into I think the hatch but Iím not set 100%. I like the subdued look so that when I am going down the freeway at 120 I donít stand out with the big wings or anything like that. My question is does anyone have any idea what kind of RW highway mileage the WRX gets? I spend a lot of time on road trips on the freeway and I am hoping to be able to about 400 miles from a tank or close to it at least. Can anyone give me an idea what kind of mileage you get?
    You won't come close to 400 miles unless you keep it below 40mph. The sticker on the WRX seems quite accurate. My 07 gets about 320 miles per tank with very limited performance driving. Mileage is definitely a downside to the WRX. You can get the computer mapped to save on gas, but you might as well just by a Civic or Focus at that point and get the better interior.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Mileage at 120mph? It won't be good.

Expect mid 20's or a bit more if you keep it closer to 70.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics