New Guy , New Car .SUP! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Guy , New Car .SUP! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX The WRX thanks you. haha! +1 Welcome to the Club! Looks like you got a killer ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    The WRX thanks you.
    haha! +1 Welcome to the Club! Looks like you got a killer deal. I would be gentle with it until you know what you got for sure as far as mods go. Certain mods are not good for our cars, but seem to be prevalent anyway. Do a search for "bov thread" and you'll see what I mean..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome

if your beating srt4's that things not stock, so you might wanna figure out whats done to it. Take some engine bay pics and maybe a picture of the underbody of the car if that's possible.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    welcome

if your beating srt4's that things not stock, so you might wanna figure out whats done to it. Take some engine bay pics and maybe a picture of the underbody of the car if that's possible.
    i thought the FMIC was a good indicator
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    i thought the FMIC was a good indicator
    yeah obviously, but what else??

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    haha! +1 Welcome to the Club! Looks like you got a killer deal. I would be gentle with it until you know what you got for sure as far as mods go. Certain mods are not good for our cars, but seem to be prevalent anyway. Do a search for "bov thread" and you'll see what I mean..
    +a bunch

I would recommend determining what has already been done to this car before planning any more modifications. Just by the picture with the headlights, bumper, and FMIC I would assume there are several more modifications that are not so apparent. There are several threads discussing good mods when starting from stock, but you are clearly not starting from stock, especially true if you were able to beat THE SRT4

-CZ

Wow, sweet deal!!! I just paid $15,000 for my stock 03 with 31,000 miles on it. Great looking car!!!

yeah it was some guy that i seen at a party and i bearly got my car so i wasint sure wtf to do with my boost controller and **** (apexi type r ) but anyways he took me on the start and after 2nd gear i was gone

here is what i know of the car so far:

act clutch
    3 inch piping
    front intercooler obviously
    not sure what kind of bov i have
    turbo timer? not sure if its the name but also apexi
    boost controller
    wrx leather interior ( dont know if its from the dealer or custom but its really nice)
    volkan 18's with brembo front brakes
    some form of headers....
    and thats about all i know besides the obvious visual mods

any ideas on how to check what kind of turbo i have because the engine bay just looks like a bunch of non sense lol

and wtf is FMIC ( still new to my REx)

edit:nvm im assuming front mount intercooler lol
    Last edited by Unrealgtx; 03-20-2008 at 10:20 PM.

yeah so im in themiddle of traffic at a stoplight , i try to go to first and my clutch just completely gets stuck doesint move at all and wont go to first!!! did this 2 times today and its rouch going into gears , does it need tranny fluid or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Unrealgtx View Post
    yeah so im in themiddle of traffic at a stoplight , i try to go to first and my clutch just completely gets stuck doesint move at all and wont go to first!!! did this 2 times today and its rouch going into gears , does it need tranny fluid or something?
    Did you take it to a mechanic to check out the car before you bought it? Something could be wrong with the car thats why you bought it for soooo cheap.
    black 08 wrx sedan

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you take your foot off the cluctch, then depress again while slightly tapping the gas - would you then be able to move in gear? If so, your synchronizer is hozed (probably lots of grinding gears in the past).

I had this problem on my last car - a ford focus. It was easy to work around, just a little frustrating.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

got my first ticket in this car the other day, dont know much about what im supposed to do with it but i live in california and he marked me for going 95 + and no proof of insurance when i was really going 120 racing a charger , what a nice cop .... but yeah is this bad?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    got my first ticket in this car the other day, dont know much about what im supposed to do with it but i live in california and he marked me for going 95 + and no proof of insurance when i was really going 120 racing a charger , what a nice cop .... but yeah is this bad?
    yea your in deep ****
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

BUY A RADAR DETECTOR Im in florida so proof of insurance needs to be shown to clerk of courts when you pay the ticket thats unless noted on your ticket diffrently how much money are you donating to your state

well ill see what happens he didint get me for racing or nothign like that , he said he would cut me a break and just say i was driving fast ..... i can proove my insurance so thats taken care of so its pretty much a speeding ticket

and where can i get a good radar detector?

its just gonna be a really expensive ticket, your not gonna be in deep sh1t.
    If he put a specific speed limit over 99 mph, he woulda had to tow your car by california law.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.