Looking into a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking into a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys? I drive a 97 Prelude SH and she is my baby, but this summer I thinking of ...

Looking into a WRX

Whats up guys? I drive a 97 Prelude SH and she is my baby, but this summer I thinking of selling for a WRX. I just need a bigger car, and I have always loved the WRX. I know everything about Preludes and absolutely nothing about WRXs. I was wondering what a good price is for an 04+ WRX? I see them on autotrader.com for about $15k regardless of mileage. I always thought that site usually overprices the cars.

heres some pics of my Prelude in case you are interested

with my dads TL

when I got my front lip

random pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats a very clean prelude man, love the car... but on the wrx side I got a silver 02 that's at stage 2 (full exhuast, stock turbo, tune, and intake) Its pretty fast at the 17 lbs it set for. I love the car the front end looks now that I've changed a couple minor things, fog light cover and grill for instance, but I think if I were you I would get either like an 04 or 06 one.

For the 02 people say that they have glass transmissions because people constantly launch them (drop the clutch) and destroy gears (I've done this too though >_> ) Some of them have a vacuum line connected to fuel lines underneath the intake manifold that at cold temperatures likes to leak slightly. On the modifying side of things I've heard the stock pistons are good til around 325-350 whp so keep that in mind. to make more than around the 300 whp mark you would need to upgrade to a larger turbo and a tune. Cold air intakes for the most part are a no-go just get an intake that would sit in the engine bay.

Overall they are good cars, haven't had a problem that wasn't driver caused yet (My transmission took a beating from the previous owner and me trying to launch my first manual didn't help with the trans either)

if you got any more questions send me a pm or check out nasioc.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.