new girl from PA! a few questions :) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on new girl from PA! a few questions :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SonicWagon Leasing means you pay much more for the car. I pay 0/month (lease) vs 0/month (purchase) ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon
    Leasing means you pay much more for the car.
    I pay $350/month (lease) vs $500/month (purchase) - I wouldn't be able to swing the purchase payments, but I can swing the lease payment. I will probably not keep the car, which means I don't have to pay the $13k balloon payment or whatever it ends up being. The big issue with leasing a vehicle is going over the allotted mileage (something like $.40/mile).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    I pay $350/month (lease) vs $500/month (purchase) - I wouldn't be able to swing the purchase payments, but I can swing the lease payment. I will probably not keep the car, which means I don't have to pay the $13k balloon payment or whatever it ends up being. The big issue with leasing a vehicle is going over the allotted mileage (something like $.40/mile).
    As mentioned, a lease is great if you don't plan on purchasing the car afterwards. My wife leases a 2005 Forester XT (4 year lease, which is up next January), and though she likes it it will be nice for her to get into something newer as this is missing a lot of features she'd now like to get (factory remote start, ipod jack, etc.), plus she's thinking about going with something a little more economical and fuel efficient this time around, as the gas mileage isn't the greatest, and she would like to lower the insurance/fuel costs. Leasing gives her the opportunity to start up again fresh, and without any chance of having negative equity (which about 75% or so of people who do trade in a vehicle have to deal with).

It's not for everyone, but if you can stay within the mileage restrictions, it can be a great option for those not looking to hang on to a car forever.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    they like to bang you hard with the mileage watch out, even without the ballon payment what was the total amount of the loan? what is the repayment cost?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon
    they like to bang you hard with the mileage watch out, even without the ballon payment what was the total amount of the loan? what is the repayment cost?
    ~$26k

$350*48 = ~$17k

$13k-ish baloon

Basically, $1000 interest/year

UNYSOC

ee, sorry i'm bad with quoting everyone and stuff because i'm still figuring out this site, haha.

yeah, i really want to purchase rather than lease, just so i can begin building it and stuff. that would be ideal.

the listed price online is $25,900, which can be talked down, so we'll see.

i think i'm most concerned about the cost of the insurance though, because i have another car.

plus, i'm in school and only work part time, ftl

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jen.
    i think i'm most concerned about the cost of the insurance though, because i have another car.
    FYI: Insurance grade on an STi is a 26 - my insurance agent said he had never seen one so high.

UNYSOC

no leg humping
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    no leg humping
    when i said i wanted ot see pics i ment i wanted to see pics of her lol jk
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    yes but the OP wants an STi

find me a blobeye STi wagon and i'll be your BFF.

STI V7 Wagon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi7wagon.jpg  
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123