New Here..Need A ? Answered.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Here..Need A ? Answered. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a 2001 Outback limited edition. i would like to know if there is a fuse or something in ...

New Here..Need A ? Answered.

i have a 2001 Outback limited edition. i would like to know if there is a fuse or something in order to unlock the rear wheels. that way its not awd.

i heard this will save on gas and someone told me before and i cant remember it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No, there's nothing like that. Anybody that told you this was possible on any car is a total moron.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    No, there's nothing like that. Anybody that told you this was possible on any car is a total moron.
    It was possible on a certain model, i dont remember which one. The fuse would cause the vehicle to be FWD. However it was not meant to be driven like that, it was only for short periods of time, like if you had a rear flat, i think... Get a tune up if your past due, and that will help with mpg.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    All the non-turbo impreza cars can do FWD just as the OP suggests. It is there for towing and driving on tires that are not all identical. I am not sure the duration, but the Outback sport is already 90/10 from a torque distribution perspective anyway.. so pulling the fuse will only result in a very small change (because even though you are not putting power on the rear wheels, the engine still has to turn the differential).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    All the non-turbo impreza cars can do FWD just as the OP suggests. It is there for towing and driving on tires that are not all identical. I am not sure the duration, but the Outback sport is already 90/10 from a torque distribution perspective anyway.. so pulling the fuse will only result in a very small change (because even though you are not putting power on the rear wheels, the engine still has to turn the differential).
    thanxs for ur help, i might as well give it a tune-up. any recommendations on spark plugs air filter, etc.

Air filter: K&N, or just a regular fram filter if you have a stock vehicle.

Plugs: I went with NGK Iridium stock heat. I found them on sale for $4.99 a piece. They seemed to help the engine run a bit smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Air filter: K&N, or just a regular fram filter if you have a stock vehicle.

Plugs: I went with NGK Iridium stock heat. I found them on sale for $4.99 a piece. They seemed to help the engine run a bit smoother.
    thanxs alot i new there was a ngk spark plug but i couldnt remember that name. do they have a k&n filter for a stock setup ?? srry i am new to the forum and working on my own car.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutbackWoman View Post
    thanxs for ur help, i might as well give it a tune-up. any recommendations on spark plugs air filter, etc.
    Subaru plugs and filters work great.

but yes they do sell the K&N Drop in filters for your stock airbox
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 03-15-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

thanxs alot i new there was a ngk spark plug but i couldnt remember that name. do they have a k&n filter for a stock setup ?? srry i am new to the forum and working on my own car.
    Yes they do, all can be found at your local auto parts store, and as sonic said, the factory parts work fine, which you can pick up from your dealer. The K&N and NGK iridiums would be a step above, but by no means expect to see any drastic increase in anything. Find out prices and weigh out what you want, either way your car will be happy.

Yes they do, all can be found at your local auto parts store, and as sonic said, the factory parts work fine, which you can pick up from your dealer. The K&N and NGK iridiums would be a step above, but by no means expect to see any drastic increase in anything. Find out prices and weigh out what you want, either way your car will be happy.
    so just spark plugs and air filter then??

Depending on your current milage yes. Look in your owners manual at recommended maintenance schedule. Look for things that may have been missed and complete it.

Depending on your current milage yes. Look in your owners manual at recommended maintenance schedule. Look for things that may have been missed and complete it.
    well it has 157,XXX miles on it and i drive a lot.

Go find your owners manual and look for things that may have been missed. Such as a timing belt replacement, as well as accessory belts if they need to. Coolant change. I assume you change your oil and oil filter every 3k miles. Check tire pressure, recommended pressure can be found in the driver door jam. Replace tires if needed. The manual will point everything out that should have been done. I really suggest going and looking at it.

Go find your owners manual and look for things that may have been missed. Such as a timing belt replacement, as well as accessory belts if they need to. Coolant change. I assume you change your oil and oil filter every 3k miles. Check tire pressure, recommended pressure can be found in the driver door jam. Replace tires if needed. The manual will point everything out that should have been done. I really suggest going and looking at it.
    well i just put new tires on it and changed the oil. but i will check the manual. thanxs

I Support ClubWRX
    well i just put new tires on it and changed the oil. but i will check the manual. thanxs
    Did it have a proper 60k mile and 90 k mile tune up at the dealership?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast