I want a WRX!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I want a WRX!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello!, new to the board.... ive loved the wrx since i was in high school, (2000 pretty much right when ...

I want a WRX!!!!

hello!, new to the board....

ive loved the wrx since i was in high school, (2000 pretty much right when it came out in the states huh?) unfortunatly ive never been able to afford it until maybe now....

Im currently driving a crapcivic 2000 and figured it was time for a new car....still works but damn i dont want this thing anymore. anyways ive been deciding on a few cars, ranging from the new A4, passat, 2008 accord coupe and the new wrx (wagon). all of them seem a little higher then i want to pay but managable.

I was kinda swayed not to get the new wrx just because of the new body style. but after looking at it more and more and reading about it on the forums i REALLY want it now. my question for you guys that have to 08 model or maybe even any wrx model at all is....

1) about how much did you guys pay for it...i want the wagon with premium package...and the ipod thingie...im seeing at the dealerships on line in houston they go for a bit more then 28K, want to see how much i can negotiate for it.

2) ive been told by many ppl that the insurance on this car is crazy ridiculous, how much is that for you guys...(minding im 24...25 in july)

3) maintence issues....i dont plan on fixing it up at all until the warrenty expires... but as far as oil changes and other stuff what do u guys recommend.

4) lastly...if i was to fix it up, performance or visually, what can i do to it without breaking my warrenty agreement.

Thanks guys.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got a 07 sedan with 4k miles on it and a 5year 100k warranty for 27k. i dont think any visual upgrades will void ur warranty. my insurance is 214 a month, im 19
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Insurance wont be bad for you, should definitely be lower than wunderboy assuming your record is clean. Technically they are supposed to have prove your modification caused any failure before they can void the warranty on your car. However some will say Subaru is going to void your warranty for next to nothing and others have better luck. I'm sure someone else can chime in on this

The 08 accord is pretty impressive (the v6 6spd) and the Audi's are nice cars. I was in the market for an A4 1.8T, wrx and e36 m3 when I was buying a car, picked the wrx and haven't looked back. The Audi is not on the level performance wise of a wrx, but its definitely more luxurious.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MONG
    anyways ive been deciding on a few cars, ranging from the new A4, passat, 2008 accord coupe and the new wrx (wagon). all of them seem a little higher then i want to pay but managable.
    If AWD is not necessary in your area, get the Accord V6.

If AWD is necessary, then it's a toss-up between the A4 and WRX (the A4 is in a whole other league in terms of interior quality, but at a price).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    If AWD is not necessary in your area, get the Accord V6.

If AWD is necessary, then it's a toss-up between the A4 and WRX (the A4 is in a whole other league in terms of interior quality, but at a price).
    oh dont get me wrong those other cars are nice and if i was to get an accord id get the V4 just for practical reasons, but whether i need awd or not i want a WRX.

Im kind of torn at the moment between a new one with premium package or a 05 (the model/body i like the most) STI with 26K miles on it for $25K.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aler_id=620736

I am just kind of curious why its being sold for so little with that amount of miles on it, and i kinda want a new car as well.

I would get the 05 STi, definitely only get the accord if you get the v6 6spd IMO. 05 is my favorite body style as well, and I'd rather have an 05 sti than a new wrx, but thats what you need to figure out.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    I would get the 05 STi, definitely only get the accord if you get the v6 6spd IMO. 05 is my favorite body style as well, and I'd rather have an 05 sti than a new wrx, but thats what you need to figure out.
    +1

Get the STi

I paid about $1000 more for mine than the one you listed MR MONG last year with nearly 10k less miles.

UNYSOC

welcome to the board; i want one too but the new models have yet to grow on me

im more then likely going to get a new one, but thanks for the replies.

about the mods to the car, what ones can i do without voiding the warrenty? (mechanically,if at all)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MONG
    im more then likely going to get a new one, but thanks for the replies.

about the mods to the car, what ones can i do without voiding the warrenty? (mechanically,if at all)
    The warranty isn't voided by doing mods - SoA can deny coverage if they can relate a claim to a modification (e.g., you flash your ECU and your turbo blows).

The only "mods" that are 100&#37; warranty safe are the ones by Subaru (SPT)

If you're concerned with warranty, then focus on suspension until your warranty is up, then work on upping the power.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    The warranty isn't voided by doing mods - SoA can deny coverage if they can relate a claim to a modification (e.g., you flash your ECU and your turbo blows).

The only "mods" that are 100% warranty safe are the ones by Subaru (SPT)

If you're concerned with warranty, then focus on suspension until your warranty is up, then work on upping the power.
    You can do any bolt on changes, just keep the factory parts. Be able to put them on if you need warranty work done. Exaust past the downpipe is fine, intercooler upgrades (as long as it is WRX specific),
    cold air intake and suspension are fine.Coilover suspension is prefered. Stay out of the electronics, the ECM will throw a code to Subaru if you have gone into the system. Don't touch the turbo!
    Hope this has helped.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    You can do any bolt on changes, just keep the factory parts. Be able to put them on if you need warranty work done. Exaust past the downpipe is fine, intercooler upgrades (as long as it is WRX specific),
    cold air intake and suspension are fine.Coilover suspension is prefered. Stay out of the electronics, the ECM will throw a code to Subaru if you have gone into the system. Don't touch the turbo!
    Hope this has helped.
    If you flash the ECU, but return back to stock - the only thing that has changed is a checksum code on the cpu. This code will be specific to your actual car. Someone who bought the exact same car at the same time from the same dealer will get a different checksum value. I have been told that dealers do not categorize these values.. However, the gamble is an expensive one if something goes bad.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I want a WRX too!! o wait I have one! YAY

I love my wrx and even tho its an 02 and much less refined then the new model its a great car. Sounds like you will greatly enjoy the added luxuries of the car and be more then satisfied with the stock performance.

Although I am really liking the new acord coupe, it must of had the upgraded rims on it and wow they were mean. I almost bought an 03 accord coupe but opted for the wrx instead and it suits me much better. I can wait for luxury when im older.... like your age lol i just turned 21

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    If you flash the ECU, but return back to stock - the only thing that has changed is a checksum code on the cpu. This code will be specific to your actual car. Someone who bought the exact same car at the same time from the same dealer will get a different checksum value. I have been told that dealers do not categorize these values.. However, the gamble is an expensive one if something goes bad.
    so will an AP void my warranty? even if i flash back to stock before i bring the car in?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    so will an AP void my warranty? even if i flash back to stock before i bring the car in?
    I am speaking with only 1 reference point... My dealer told me it would be impossible for them to trace whether a machine had been flashed to a more agressive map and then returned to stock. This also matches a long posting on NASOIC.

That said, a new clubwrx member just issued a statement on another post that the dealers have new equipment to check this situation...

In general, while I hate to admit it, it really isn't fair to make the manufacturer pay for anything beyond what they signed up for... I am dying to get an AP as well - but now I am stuck thinking about the risk.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.