2008 Wrx Mpg?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

This is a discussion on 2008 Wrx Mpg? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I know this has been asked, and I have read up a little on the subject but I just ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43

    2008 Wrx Mpg?

    So I know this has been asked, and I have read up a little on the subject but I just got my WRX not too long ago only has 700 miles on it...brand new! Anyways, the MPG meter started with 13 when I first got it, now its up to 15.9, but I'm on my 3rd tank fill and I'm wondering if something is wrong. I do a lot of city driving with low RPM and upshift before boost. I will admit I have hit the pedal a few times(can ya blame me?) but definately not enough for this low mileage. Is this normal? I'm using Premium fuel btw. Do I need to reset my meter somhow?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    132
    15 mpg wow! Thats lower than my SUV. A lot of new wrx owners are wondering and its probably just the break in period that makes the mpg so low.

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43

    Red face

    Ya I hope it's just the Break-in factor. But if I'm at 1,000 miles and it's not at 20 MPG's at least, I'm gonna have to have a talk with my Subaru dealer!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    El Paso/Amarillo
    Posts
    7
    I've been getting about 23mpg on my 08. How much spirted driving do you do? Are you reseting your trip meter everytime you fill up?

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    I do some spirited driving but definately not enough to bring it down that low...maybe take it for a spirit drive twice a tank? I treat it like a baby, I am going to reset my trip meter on my next fill cause I just recently figured out how to do that lol. Just a few questions: How heavy is ur foot on the pedal with 23 MPG? do you keep it under a certain RPM? Do you cruise in 5th? How many miles are on your 08? Thanks for the info

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    El Paso/Amarillo
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nas7000 View Post
    I do some spirited driving but definately not enough to bring it down that low...maybe take it for a spirit drive twice a tank? I treat it like a baby, I am going to reset my trip meter on my next fill cause I just recently figured out how to do that lol. Just a few questions: How heavy is ur foot on the pedal with 23 MPG? do you keep it under a certain RPM? Do you cruise in 5th? How many miles are on your 08? Thanks for the info
    I have a very light foot. I shift at around 2500-3k depends on much in a hurry I am in. On the 08, all the power is down low so there is no need for me to go 4k. I also cruise on 5th. I have 1260 on my tank. Make sure you reset the trip every time you fill up so the MPG meter can be reset for the new tank

  8. #7
    Registered User Grasmonky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    169
    I have well over 10,000 miles on my '08 and am averaging 23.1 mpg. That includes heavy doses of stop and go traffic and spirited driving, but also plenty of cruising on the highway as well.

    10,000+ miles in 4.5 months = A LOT of daily driving.
    Last edited by Grasmonky3; 03-10-2008 at 12:43 PM.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    9
    looks beautifull

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralus1082 View Post
    Make sure you reset the trip every time you fill up so the MPG meter can be reset for the new tank
    Is that why I have been stuck on 15.9 for the longest time? So resetting the trip meter actually gets a better reading on the MPG's.

    Thanks all for your input!

  11. #10
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nas7000 View Post
    Is that why I have been stuck on 15.9 for the longest time? So resetting the trip meter actually gets a better reading on the MPG's.

    Thanks all for your input!
    Resetting the Trip A or B will put your MPG to --- and then you will get a fresh reading. Right now you are averaging from day 1 or the last rest and clearly they either beat the hell out of the car or it was driven in stop and go traffic for a long time.

    I average for city driving 18 MPG and 22 Highway. Once I got it up to like 26 MPG highway.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  12. #11
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by corysti View Post
    15 mpg wow! Thats lower than my SUV. A lot of new wrx owners are wondering and its probably just the break in period that makes the mpg so low.
    yes and 700 miles is very new


    the car will get faster too.,
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    203
    I just had my 3250 mile service. In mixed daily driving, I've been getting around 22 mpg. In stop-and-go traffic I've had as low as 17. On a long highway trip, cruising at around 75mph, I get about 25-27 mpg.

    With my 42 mile daily commute, I'm using about 2 gallons of premium a day. Part of me thinks that with this drive, I should have bought a hybrid (which would probably get about 35 mpg on regular unleaded for the same commute), but I keep that part locked up in the basement while I have fun in the WRX.

  14. #13
    Registered User Raven Logics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    I just had my 3250 mile service. In mixed daily driving, I've been getting around 22 mpg. In stop-and-go traffic I've had as low as 17. On a long highway trip, cruising at around 75mph, I get about 25-27 mpg.

    With my 42 mile daily commute, I'm using about 2 gallons of premium a day. Part of me thinks that with this drive, I should have bought a hybrid (which would probably get about 35 mpg on regular unleaded for the same commute), but I keep that part locked up in the basement while I have fun in the WRX.
    About the same after 2500 miles - highway only driving gets me about 25mpg, mixed with a light foot about 22, normal about 17 and even less when having too much fun. However, with gas prices appearing to become a good market investment rather than a cheap resource, I'm having fun whilst it still makes sense. Enjoy your car!

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    So that was it... I reset my trip meter last night and immediately I saw the difference. I am now averaging around 22 MPG with absolutely no highway driving

    Thanks guys!

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    42
    Dude, thats pretty damned low. Are you sure you're looking at MPL and not at MPG?

    I get about 22mpg on freeway driving at 80mph and I've got just a little over 1000 miles.

    Something don't sound right about what you're saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •