2008 Wrx Mpg? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2008 Wrx Mpg? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Flanker Dude, thats pretty damned low. Are you sure you're looking at MPL and not at MPG? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Dude, thats pretty damned low. Are you sure you're looking at MPL and not at MPG?

I get about 22mpg on freeway driving at 80mph and I've got just a little over 1000 miles.

Something don't sound right about what you're saying.
    Huh? I said MPG not MPL. What your saying is that mine is pretty low, but I get better mileage than you considering they're the same but yours is highway and mine is all city.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow...

I just picked up a new WRX three days ago. I've got about 500 miles on it and I'm getting an average of 14 miles a gallon. Of course, It probably doesn't help that I'm driving it like I've seen the light in the dark tunnel!

P.S... this is my first post and my first Subaru ever! Why the hell didn't I drive one before? Anyone from the Dallas area?

Quote Originally Posted by ahman View Post
    I just picked up a new WRX three days ago. I've got about 500 miles on it and I'm getting an average of 14 miles a gallon. Of course, It probably doesn't help that I'm driving it like I've seen the light in the dark tunnel!

P.S... this is my first post and my first Subaru ever! Why the hell didn't I drive one before? Anyone from the Dallas area?

Congrats on the ride man, I love my Subie! But that's what I was averaging when I first bought mine. It definately went up as soon as I reset the meter on my next fill-up

How do I reset the trip meter?? Im also a 08 wrx owner, and it was my first car.

Quote Originally Posted by im2ninja4u View Post
    How do I reset the trip meter?? Im also a 08 wrx owner, and it was my first car.
    Just below the tachometer you will find a trip reset post. Hit it once or twice to switch between mileage and trip a and b. Hold it down and you'll reset the trip mileage which will also reset the mpg read.

I'm averaging about 22mpg now. $60 fill up = ouch!

Mpg

My mileage didn't go up till I broke 1000 break in. I drive in and out of baltimore city everyday so I average 20mpg. highway avg about 80mph I get about 24.5mpg... I noticed that the trips seem much more accurate then in my 05 LGT. . . crappy mileage or not, its so great to have a turbo subi.

Hey everybody! this is my first subi too! I just filled my tires up a bit more and im at 250mi total and getting about 24-25mpg in the city. I havent taken it out on the highway yet, cause I havent had a chance to go anywhere yet. I hope it gets around 28-30 on the highway.
    This thing is ALMOST as fast as my R6... Hope to make it faster, so Ill have to buy an R1.

yea I avg like 19-20 city and about 24-25 highway.. at 900 miles on the car so maybe after a lil bit more of a break-in i might get a lil better

Hey, how accurate is that little mpg thing?
    I was going 65 and letting it off to 60 for a 2-3hr drive and got 30mpg =D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.