Just Picked Up an 04 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just Picked Up an 04 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought myself a 2004 WRX. Has 37k miles.. Mods: Exhaust K&N Typhoon Intake Blow Off Valve STI Intercooler Factory ...

Just Picked Up an 04 WRX

Just bought myself a 2004 WRX.
    Has 37k miles..

Mods:
    Exhaust
    K&N Typhoon Intake
    Blow Off Valve
    STI Intercooler
    Factory Option Short Shifter
    Factory MOMO Steering Wheel

Also has an Autometer Boost Guage and the Black Wheels shown.

Let me know what you think, and any ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow! looking clean! i would say get a drop and tint the windows and the exterior would be pretty much set. i would leave your sideskirts alone and not even paint them as a lot of ppl do becuz i think they look good with your wheels. and the headlights are already cleared out. looks real good.

Thanks, I don't think i'm going to do anything to the suspension, but I do plan to get tints. My friends dad is a cop so once I can get a shield from him I will do them. The cops in my area are very strict and I dont want another reason to get pulled over besides exhaust.

congrats on your purchase and welcome!
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Blow off valve? sigh... take it off, yesterday

Also the momo wheel is stock on all wrx's....

Looks good aside from the BOV, what exhaust is that?

Welcome to the club
    Last edited by apex32; 03-06-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thank You. I'm new to Subaru and I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for... I was wondering if anywhere there was a list of all of the routine maintenance to be preformed on an 04 wrx, along with what everyone on the forums recomends be done? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 WRX View Post
    Thank You. I'm new to Subaru and I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for... I was wondering if anywhere there was a list of all of the routine maintenance to be preformed on an 04 wrx, along with what everyone on the forums recomends be done? Any help would be appreciated.
    First thing I would do is get yourself an OEM BPV so you can take that BOV off. Do you have documentation showing the 30,000 mile service was done? You could change the fluids to whatever you want and start with fresh fluid on your own documentation, but they are probably pretty fresh. I just like to start off with fresh fluids when I buy a car, but it might be unnecessary. Did you have the car checked out by a trusted mechanic by any chance? Nice find with the low miles btw
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Previous owner was a BMW mechanic for 14 yrs and he did NOT do the 30k mile maintenance. So I need to do those fluids asap.

Thumbs up

being a newbie myself I strongly recommend going to our maintanence and tutorial section. Very helpful.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Previous owner was a BMW mechanic for 14 yrs and he did NOT do the 30k mile maintenance. So I need to do those fluids asap.
    Oh I see, Well then I think you know where you're at. You keep dodging the BOV, but I'll let you find out on your own.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...postcount=9359

Also, do you have a catback only or a full exhaust? You will want to get a remapped ECU if you have a full exhaust and no tune
    Last edited by apex32; 03-06-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32

Look at the link in my post, its a technical explanation why it doesn't work out. They just don't play nice with a wrx. I speak for many when I say its best to remove it, some people will ignore facts and still run them, though. The problem resides with the MAF
    Last edited by apex32; 03-06-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32

Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    Oh I see, Well then I think you know where you're at. You keep dodging the BOV, but I'll let you find out on your own.
    Haha why are you so against bovs?

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Haha why are you so against bovs?
    When it vents all that pressure instead of recirculating it, then engine is still injecting the amount of fuel at the pressure it was at just before the BOV vented. This causes your engine to run very rich and it is no good.

You already have the K&N intake (like me), and I assure you the BPV is plenty loud.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.