New subaru owner Just got a black 2008 STI
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New subaru owner Just got a black 2008 STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a new STI first new car I ever bought. My wife drives it mostly we really like it. ...

New subaru owner Just got a black 2008 STI

Just bought a new STI first new car I ever bought. My wife drives it mostly we really like it. She wanted a hatch back of some sort and I didn't want some slow POS so we were going to get the standard WRX but I talked her into the STI. Now I just have to keep my self from getting speeding tickets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We have about 700 on it so far. I probably got over little over 4k a few times when i got over 500 miles not easy when your in sport sharp. The boost builds fast. Were planning on a ski trip to CO next week so I probably change the oil before I go. Dealer said wait till 3000 but I'm from old engine building days where you changed it after 500 miles of break in.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm envious.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I'm envious.
    +1
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I am also green with said emotion. Jealous also comes to mind.

I feel it was worth every penny the car handles very good we like everything about it. I know lot of WRX fans don't like the hatch but it will bring in new buyers like me tha were looking for a hatch that has everything you would want. Plan on doing some upgrades after warranty is out.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    way too cool... good purchase - your wife must be cool. (mine only let me get the WRX!)
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I sat in A WRB base STI at the dealer yesterday, the interior is really amazing.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

The first dealer we went to I told them I wont pay more the MSRP and I wanted a base modal nothing extra. They had one there with the home link and ipod input kit and he said window tinting which wasn't on the car but he said they automaticly incude that which was on the invoice after some talk he got kind of rude so we just left. They kept telling me MSRP was 36k i kept saying MSRP was 34,995. I had to pull up subarus website to show them. Went to another dealer who said they could order one but the next day they traded the one we were looking at. The first place kept calling me trying to fix the issue I told him the guy was rude woudln't be back as I was signing the papers for the car. I didn't get any service contracts or anything so we paid MSRP plus tax ended up getting the ipod and homelink without paying more but I felt we weren't getting any discounts. If we waited a year then we could get a 3-4k off but I didn't want to wait. I really hate buying from them but no other choice right now.

Congrats on the STI. You will love this car

They were willing to give me what they had with the extra's at the price I was going to pay to order one. We don't have an IPod and will probably just replace the head unit with somthing that we can just plug a flash drive into it. I do like the homelink/auto dimming mirror. I want to add fog lights to it later. We picked up the ski rack setup too.

Quote Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
    We have about 700 on it so far. I probably got over little over 4k a few times when i got over 500 miles not easy when your in sport sharp. The boost builds fast. Were planning on a ski trip to CO next week so I probably change the oil before I go. Dealer said wait till 3000 but I'm from old engine building days where you changed it after 500 miles of break in.
    Leave the break in oil in the engine for 1,500 miles. After 10,000 miles switch to full synthetic. If you do any upgrades that are not SPT, keep your factory parts. You will need to re-install them before you to go to a dealership if you have a warranty issue. Congrats on the new H/B STI. Cool Car.

my dream car in black like that. congrats!

Nice car, I'm very jealous. Feel free to post pics!

Pic

The only pic I have so far need to get some more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast