i just got a 2006 wrx im so happy

This is a discussion on i just got a 2006 wrx im so happy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey sup guys i just got a 2006 wrx i am looking it. Its nice it only has 20,700 miles ...

i just got a 2006 wrx im so happy

Hey sup guys i just got a 2006 wrx i am looking it. Its nice it only has 20,700 miles on it. What do you guys think i should do it like the first thing or should i leave it stock I live in southern california so i don't wanna go catless lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club

leave it stock for now and learn the car then lower it and get an ap
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

prodrive wrx 06

my brother bought a 2006 wrx and went to college so i have it now, it came from the factory with prodrive stickers on the hood scoop and side of the car so i researched what that meant, apparently its a lot more powerful than a stock wrx... does anyone know anything about prodrive performance packages because i dont?

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    my brother bought a 2006 wrx and went to college so i have it now, it came from the factory with prodrive stickers on the hood scoop and side of the car so i researched what that meant, apparently its a lot more powerful than a stock wrx... does anyone know anything about prodrive performance packages because i dont?
    There is no factory prodrive WRX in the US. Prodrive was offering Performance Packages at one point that was basically a downpipe, catback, and ECU reflash, its possible the dealer had it installed when the car was new. Its not that uncommon for dealers to mod new cars (at least in Florida it isn't)

Take pictures of the turbo area, make sure you get the downpipe clearly in the shot, and also take some pictures under the car of the exhaust, we can tell you if its modded or not. Also does the car have a boost gauge? If so, go out on the highway in 4th gear around 3K and floor it and see how high the gauge goes and report back.

congrats on the new car.
    Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    leave it stock for now and learn the car
    Ah yep. Spend some time browsing and reading what the popular and safe mods are. Or just leave it stock.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by sluflyer06 View Post
    There is no factory prodrive WRX in the US. Prodrive was offering Performance Packages at one point that was basically a downpipe, catback, and ECU reflash, its possible the dealer had it installed when the car was new. Its not that uncommon for dealers to mod new cars (at least in Florida it isn't)

Take pictures of the turbo area, make sure you get the downpipe clearly in the shot, and also take some pictures under the car of the exhaust, we can tell you if its modded or not. Also does the car have a boost gauge? If so, go out on the highway in 4th gear around 3K and floor it and see how high the gauge goes and report back.

Check your brother's bill of sale. More than likely, he went online and had Prodrive stickers ordered and put them on the car. Some of the fastest Imprezas on the street have no decals on them at all. No need to advertise.

no it came from the dealer with the stickers on the car i remember that... otherwise i wouldnt be asking this question... he also didnt mod the car after he bought it at all

take some pics of under the hood and under the car then you'll know, take the picture behind the left of the intercooler and looking down.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by akazempoor View Post
    Hey sup guys i just got a 2006 wrx i am looking it. Its nice it only has 20,700 miles on it. What do you guys think i should do it like the first thing or should i leave it stock I live in southern california so i don't wanna go catless lol.
    First think i did was customized the headlight and tailight casings for a more OEM black look. Very easy weekend project and i love the way they look. I'll show you some pics if you want to see. I'm actually at work right now. ssshhhh....

wow

I started this thread because i got a new car and now its let to prodive package or w/e

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akazempoor View Post
    I started this thread because i got a new car and now its let to prodive package or w/e
    You are quite correct - I would be happy to delete the Prodrive posts. It's your call.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics