New to the forum... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to the forum... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Not-EWRX I would go with a TBE and a pro tune. Some extra's that would be really ...

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    I would go with a TBE and a pro tune. Some extra's that would be really nice to have before the tune would be a BCS and some sort of big intercooler.
    The only thing about a TBE that worries me, is boost creep.
    I really don't want to get too carried away modifying the STi, and I want to keep my drivability.
    2006 WRX STi
    K&N Typhoon Intake, Invidia Bellmouth Catless Downpipe matted to the stock catback, Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump, custom street tune.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick31 View Post
    The only thing about a TBE that worries me, is boost creep.
    I really don't want to get too carried away modifying the STi, and I want to keep my drivability.
    Get a down pipe with a high flow cat, like the cobb street, and stage 2 will not reduce drivability one bit i would keep all the stock parts and just go with the downpipe and a protune.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Not sure. I just bought my STi, so I haven't had the chance to ask around. I doubt people meet in Howell, but we could always start one. It doesn't have to be Howell, it can be anywhere. Hell, I'll start one in Port Hellhole- er, I mean Port Huron. Maybe even Utica, or Waterford... who knows. I just know I'd like to meet up with fellow WRX/STi owners once in a while.
    yea it would be nice to meet up with some people some where... i know there are a few wrx/sti owners around where i am i just dont know them personally i just see them driving around... when it gets warm a bunch of people with imports always meet up on the weekends.. fri/sat nights we usually meet up in a parking garage on MSU campus and hang out and go cruising on the strip and ****...
    2005 wrx [stock] ~~for now

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Get a down pipe with a high flow cat, like the cobb street, and stage 2 will not reduce drivability one bit i would keep all the stock parts and just go with the downpipe and a protune.
    That's a good idea... keeping a cat on there will leave some backpressure.
    Keeping the stock parts would be a must, considering I might run into warranty problems.
    2006 WRX STi
    K&N Typhoon Intake, Invidia Bellmouth Catless Downpipe matted to the stock catback, Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump, custom street tune.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Weird avatar ...

Well said.

That's a good idea... keeping a cat on there will leave some backpressure.
    Keeping the stock parts would be a must, considering I might run into warranty problems.
    I doubt you will have any warranty problems. Full Cobb stage 2 here and zero issues. I have the stock bits for the done with the WRX part out.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Weird avatar ...

I doubt you will have any warranty problems. Full Cobb stage 2 here and zero issues. I have the stock bits for the done with the WRX part out.
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Yeah, I think the avatar adds some personality.

I'm just really worried about the full exhaust messing with my warranty, that's all. I know you say that you don't have any problems, but it would be my luck that the day my turbo blow's, the dealer will tell me that "because I have a high performance AFTERMARKET exhaust, we have to deny your claim. You were probably racing it, which also contributed to the turbo failure."
    I would hate to have to switch the stock exhaust back on everytime I need to get the car serviced or repaired, you know?

I'm not too worried about the tune, as I could always just re-flash back to stock.
    2006 WRX STi

Also, just in case I break down and buy this... which is the best performance TBE with a cat?
    2006 WRX STi

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Also, just in case I break down and buy this... which is the best performance TBE with a cat?
    never heard a bad thing about the Cobb.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Yeah, I think the avatar adds some personality.

I'm just really worried about the full exhaust messing with my warranty, that's all. I know you say that you don't have any problems, but it would be my luck that the day my turbo blow's, the dealer will tell me that "because I have a high performance AFTERMARKET exhaust, we have to deny your claim. You were probably racing it, which also contributed to the turbo failure."
    I would hate to have to switch the stock exhaust back on everytime I need to get the car serviced or repaired, you know?

I'm not too worried about the tune, as I could always just re-flash back to stock.
    No need to worry so much. Really.

Performance wise they are all pretty much the same. You are then left with looks and sound.

never heard a bad thing about the Cobb.
    A pricey, but very nice choice. I like mine well enough.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12