Finally!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally!!!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, So I've been reading up ClubWRX.net as a guest for like a month cause I decided I wasn't going ...

Cool Finally!!!!!!!

Ok, So I've been reading up ClubWRX.net as a guest for like a month cause I decided I wasn't going to be an official member til' I got my baby So I bought her tonight, Black 2008 WRX 4-door 5 speed man. It's been really dark since I got it so I will post pics up first thing tomorrow. Thinking of a few minors such as cold air intake, blow-off valve, and maybe powdercoating the rims black? any ideas? BTW I got the premium pckg for $27000 out the door, not so bad right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Nas7000 View Post
    Ok, So I've been reading up ClubWRX.net as a guest for like a month...Thinking of a few minors such as cold air intake, blow-off valve,
    You have been reading ClubWRX for a month and you have decided on a CAI and BOV as your first mods? Have you really been reading or just looking at the pictures?

BTW, Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Actually...

I have't yet decided I was just pondering. I have been reading but I am a noob and still trying to get things in order. Any ideas I'm still reading up on some things but I would take any advice seriously Thanks for the congrats I love this car, the way rexs drive is like you are one with ur vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    BOV is shooting yourself in the foot, right from the git-go.
    CAI will constitute some ECU changes, via AccessPORT, or likewise.

Welcome to the club, btw!
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Sweet.

Thanks for the info guys, just a curious question; does the 08 WRX have a hydraulic clutch? How long does it last based on good driving habits? And should I always downshift even if im coming to a red light from 4th gr?

I Support ClubWRX
    Uhm, what?

Yes, it's a hydraulic clutch. Longivity is purely based on how you take care of the car and it's equipment.

yes, downshifting when coming to a stop helps save brakes. Is it a necessity? I'd say no.
    Rogan o_0

$27000 is ok. The invoice price on the car is around 25000. I paid 26000 for my 08 and mine is 4EAT which adds a good chunk to the sticker.

Welcome and enjoy the car. Oh and I'd have to agree BOV and CAI wouldn't be the best starting mods. Short RAM is the way to go if your set on an Intake.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    yes, downshifting when coming to a stop helps save brakes. Is it a necessity? I'd say no.
    Why would you downshift to save brake pads and rotors? A new clutch costs a lot more and is a lot harder to put on. The downshift-as-standard-practice age ended when 4-wheel discs made it possible to slow and stop a passenger car without compression braking.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrecksWruthor View Post
    Why would you downshift to save brake pads and rotors? A new clutch costs a lot more and is a lot harder to put on. The downshift-as-standard-practice age ended when 4-wheel discs made it possible to slow and stop a passenger car without compression braking.
    So now you're gonna tell me downshifting wears a clutch out?
    come on.
    Rogan o_0

No, I don't care if you downshift or not. But assume a clutch will last you 1,000,000 shifts. A clutch that the driver downshifts every single stoplight will only last 2/3 as long as the one with no downshifts. A downshift creates negligible wear, as does a single press of the breaks. But we are talking about multiplying these things by the lifetime of the vehicle.

I don't know how much the wear actually is from a single up or downshift, so I'm done arguing about it. My point is just that using the clutch as brakes seems unnecessary when brakes are specifically made for that purpose, and cheaper.

You're the one who said downshift to save brakes, so as long as you're talking about using one part to save another it seems like you should consider the whole equation.

I Support ClubWRX
    funny, didn't know we were arguing..
    Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    funny, didn't know we were arguing.
    No worries, it's not like I have any idea what I'm talking about. After reading your build thread, it occurs to me that I should shut my mouth and stop deducing stuff.
    I hereby concede that your mechanical experience trumps my expert combination of Sherlock Holmes-ing and Click and Clack regurgitation.

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrecksWruthor View Post
    No worries, it's not like I have any idea what I'm talking about. After reading your build thread, it occurs to me that I should shut my mouth and stop deducing stuff.
    I hereby concede that your mechanical experience trumps my expert combination of Sherlock Holmes-ing and Click and Clack regurgitation.
    LOL it's all good. Im no expert by any thought of the imagination.
    Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Nas7000 View Post
    Ok, So I've been reading up ClubWRX.net as a guest for like a month cause I decided I wasn't going to be an official member til' I got my baby So I bought her tonight, Black 2008 WRX 4-door 5 speed man. It's been really dark since I got it so I will post pics up first thing tomorrow. Thinking of a few minors such as cold air intake, blow-off valve, and maybe powdercoating the rims black? any ideas? BTW I got the premium pckg for $27000 out the door, not so bad right?

The black sedan is really a sharp looking car. Congrats! Don't worry about whether or not you got a good deal, just enjoy the car. Personally, I'm going for the Rallitek turbo/tmic/bov/tune myself for my red 08 sedan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast