The New STI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on The New STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dude i dont like the new 5 door i wish they would go back to the old 4 door. I ...

The New STI

Dude i dont like the new 5 door i wish they would go back to the old 4 door. I think they still make them but man it is like subaru has been castrated. I really mean that i dont like the traditional hatchbacks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hello and welcome to the club
    no comment
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by wrxawd4lyfe View Post
    Dude i dont like the new 5 door i wish they would go back to the old 4 door. I think they still make them but man it is like subaru has been castrated. I really mean that i dont like the traditional hatchbacks.
    i guess there just gonna have to grow on us
    00 Black Honda Civic Si Stolen RIP
    04 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX

kill thieves:

Eh...I would have to agree.

BUT, I also thought that the 06-07 bodies looked fugly...and we all know how that turned out. It is change...people dont normally like it, because we are pretty primitive in nature. Status quo and all...

Im just sayin tho...I have seen some pretty nice 08 stis out there....especially when you tint out the led tails...
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

i just love the sti..

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Woe is me!!! Oh Subaru, why didst thou makest thine STi a Hatcheth? Oh woe is me!!!
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the new STi hatch is awesome!

I respect that some do not like the look of the hatch but "hatch = castrated" is an ignorant sounding statement. Like a car can't be performance because it's not what you remember or traditionally think of a performance car looking like when you were growing up. To me it's almost analogous to suggesting that it can't be a performance car if it doesn't have a V8. A view that was not uncommon some years back. Things have evolved since then and even though many in general still equate performance with big engines many more now define performance very differently.

I'm going to venture a guess that your understanding of what is a performance car, will evolve a great deal in the years to come.

btw:

Welcome to the club, Ty!

Please be sure to explore the links in my signature and enjoy your time here!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

i will never ever own a hatchback

will im glad u think im ignorant. those r fighting words. but im gonna be a man and turn my back on that comment. I will never ever own a hatch back. i just dont fing them appealing or attravtive. i just want to say i love the 4dr rear end and the rest of the car. i guess im just trying to fight the change eventhough it isnt going to get me newhere. when i thought of subaru i thought of the mean looking sti but now it aint so mean lookin.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    uh......

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    will im glad u think im ignorant. those r fighting words. but im gonna be a man and turn my back on that comment. I will never ever own a hatch back. i just dont fing them appealing or attravtive. i just want to say i love the 4dr rear end and the rest of the car. i guess im just trying to fight the change eventhough it isnt going to get me newhere. when i thought of subaru i thought of the mean looking sti but now it aint so mean lookin.
    Everyone is entitled to like what they like. Nothing wrong with loving the four door design!

For the record though by ignorant I simply meant, lacking information. Additionally, I didn't say you are ignorant, I said your statement sounds ignorant. There is a difference. I don't know you so I wouldn't make that judgement about you as a person. Heck I say/post things that sound ignorant all the time. It just depends on the subject.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I applaud and encourage those who dislike the hatchback design.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The new 5 door looks alot better in person especially the fender flared STi
    Last edited by ZACK777; 12-11-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I applaud and encourage those who dislike the hatchback design.
    Yeah but that's only cause you want one cheap.
    -The J

that car looks lowered and has aftermarket rims i believe

Also, hatch COULD of been a great idea if it were a 2 door hatch. Why does the back end look so much like a Lexus rx330/300 soccer mom mobile.
    Cobb Stage 2

Thing is, I thing that the new STI has its goods and its bads. The goods are things like fender flares, interior, etc. The one thing that pisses me off is the FOUR tailpipes. I guess it looks cool, but you don't exactly need one tailpipe for one cylinder. That style belongs to the V8's...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.