The New STI - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on The New STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dehnem HOLY SEXY, where did you get this picture, that thing is dead sexy. psssst.... look at ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dehnem View Post
    HOLY SEXY, where did you get this picture, that thing is dead sexy.
    psssst.... look at the link i posted. there are tons more pics there. or go to google and just type Lars Martensson

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jordieb213 View Post
    did this guy join the forum just to knock on the design of a new subie?!?

what a purposeless thread.
    No i love the sti i just think the 5 door is a design flaw a move to apeal to the masses i just wish that subaru would try to put more in to the turner market that the family car market.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxawd4lyfe View Post
    No i love the sti i just think the 5 door is a design flaw a move to apeal to the masses i just wish that subaru would try to put more in to the turner market that the family car market.
    did u join this forum just to bash me?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Are you talking to yourself
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

will im glad u think im ignorant. those r fighting words. but im gonna be a man and turn my back on that comment. I will never ever own a hatch back. i just dont fing them appealing or attravtive. i just want to say i love the 4dr rear end and the rest of the car. i guess im just trying to fight the change eventhough it isnt going to get me newhere. when i thought of subaru i thought of the mean looking sti but now it aint so mean lookin.

You really have a special way of joining the community here. Everyone is entitled to their feelings on the new WRX/STI, but say it in an intelligent manner. I already hate myself for this:

Seriously - How old Are you?

what dude??? How was he bashing you?

n00b!
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    what dude??? How was he bashing you?

n00b!
    Dude he quoted himself and asked himself if he had joined just to bash himself....
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I just went back and looked hahahaha. is right
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    then don't buy one.
    i wont

i wont
    Shocking!

so did you join here to bother/flame yourself????

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even a noob.

I honestly can say that I don't fancy the hatch design and side with Mr. Clarkson from Top gear. The sedan style rules, but you could call me old fashioned. Hell I even think the Evo x is sexy as hell... which some might consider it the ugliest car built. Oh well.

I won't bash but will just say welcome to the club. I got lots of important information from these guys so I won't get into it with anyone here.

There once was a guy talking about Hyabusas and top speed once who flamed everyone.... but thats another story.

I can honestly say that I find my 2002 WRX wagon horribly unattractive. It looks like a boring station wagon. The hood scoop is ugly. Personally, I appreciate function over form, but 99% of casual observers see that car as a station wagon with a funny thing on the hood.

I say, let them laugh. That's part of why I bought it. I don't want people to look at my car and instantly assume I'm a douchebag. I just want to blend in. If I could get a car that performed like a Supra but looked like a Camry, I would buy it in a second. In the realm of 400+ hp cars, I prefer an M5 to a Corvette on looks alone.

A car is an incredibly public personal statement. As society is silently judging me, I want them to have no recollection of my car. I don't want them to remember me because I'm the tool in the Mustang when I could have just fallen from their mind and blended in to the background.

I don't mind giving the impression that I drive a mildly dorky, generally bland, small and sensible grocery getter.

Where this becomes a problem for me is that the new WRX/STI is overstated. There is no subtlety. It stands out in the USDM because there is nothing else like it. To me, that seems like a waste. Then again, by this point anyone who's paying attention knows the difference between a WRX and a Hyundai Accent.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can see the point in what WrecksWruthor is saying.

I've thought about something that's led me to similar conclusions (I don't want a car with crass styling): I've recently gone to a wedding, a funeral, several dinners, and several other social events.

My bugeye car barely "fit in" without getting noticed. Something with a louder exhaust, a bigger hood scoop, and a huge wing would have simply stuck out and the effect would have ranged from tasteless to completely distracting from the event at hand (and therefore inappropriate).

Even James Bond painted his personal Bentley battleship gray, removed the badging, and parked it on the street.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123