Newbie with brake pad question

This is a discussion on Newbie with brake pad question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'd like start off by saying hi to everyone. I am a new owner of a relatively new 2002 wrx ...

Question Newbie with brake pad question

I'd like start off by saying hi to everyone. I am a new owner of a relatively new 2002 wrx wagon. I have had an 85.5 944 for almost 4 years now but I just up and decided I need a more reliable DD. Now to the questions...
    I need some new brakes and on several sites have seen the availability of 2 different year options for the 2002 front brakes. One of which is 3/2001-6/2002 the other is 7/2002-12/2002. My question is how do I know which year to select? Is the info in my VIN? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Stefano

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The build date for your car is on a metal label riveted to the car body itself. Check your left strut mount under the hood or the door. However, since there's always the possibility of cars being assembled with whatever parts were at hand, it's actually safest to measure your existing pads and communicate the information to the vendor.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Not there. It had the Vin, eng type, tranny type, no build date.

I Support ClubWRX
    This raises a question in my mind about how in the world I know when my car was built -- I found it on the car somehow.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.