The real question of mitsubishi or subaru

This is a discussion on The real question of mitsubishi or subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so my husband wants me to buy dsm and i want an sti. major thing in our relationship. how can ...

so my husband wants me to buy dsm and i want an sti. major thing in our relationship. how can i win him over to subaru? give me some good wording that will work with a guy. he knows all about hp and horsepower at the wheels and all of that. i am only going to be able to afford a regular wrx and mod it to be a sleeper but what are the termanolagies to get him to get on board with me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So my husband wants me to buy a dsm and i want an sti...never going to be able to afford. but he said i may be able to convince him to buy me a wrx. so what termanology can i use about hp and whp an tq and all of that? i want to make it a sleeper. what mods would be good? and anything else you can think of that would help be persuade him. think of me as a poor helpless girl that needs your help finding the perfect car and doesnt want a dsm.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by megmacsti View Post
    So my husband wants me to buy a dsm and i want an sti...never going to be able to afford. but he said i may be able to convince him to buy me a wrx. so what termanology can i use about hp and whp an tq and all of that? i want to make it a sleeper. what mods would be good? and anything else you can think of that would help be persuade him. think of me as a poor helpless girl that needs your help finding the perfect car and doesnt want a dsm.
    I'd recommend buying your own car that you like. Between the DSM and the STi, I'd get a... Honda Accord (!).

I've owned both an Impreza and a DSM. There is no need to involve HP or torque figures or any technicalities at all. A DSM simply does not run. It makes no difference what the output would be if it ran; it won't. What you save in fuel you will use up in bus fare and towing expenses.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I merged the duplicate threads.

Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

If your husband is doing the buying then you do not have a choise .. if you are paying for the car you should decide what you drive
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

All We'll Drive

we are doing the buying. our money is together so the decision is made together

I've been through this game a few times with my wife and neither of us was happy until we made the deal that each of us gets whatever car they want (within reason financially of course) that could also take the kids around town. So that satisfied the financial aspect with respect to having our money together, but also the happiness aspect of getting whatever car each person likes. It has worked out really, really well. She has a 4 door Wrangler and I have an STI.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    the DSM sells for around 8 grand the STI goes for 22k

the STI has 300hp the DSM struggles to turn over and when it does start it has less than half the horsepower

the DSM is Front wheel drive the STI is ALL wheel drive

Looks like the STI wins every category

tell your husband that the car he wants is just to damn unreliable and slow for you.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by megmacsti View Post
    we are doing the buying. our money is together so the decision is made together
    It doesnt matter what we tell you since the decision has to be made together. I dont like this kind of situations since they tend to get ugly and at the end one is never happy.

I would say dont go into this. Buy a car that you like and can afford on your own.

The our money is together scenario i dont like at all. I think in such scenarios and if both are working, each work hard to get their pay check for the other to tell him/her what can be bought or not.

In my case my g/f and i have an agreement. (we've been 10yrs together) fixed costs of the house go 50-50 and when thats covered you can do what ever you want with your money. she makes more moeny then i ever will in a life time.... She loves Scooby but i can never tell her what to buy or not.

If you are living by the "our money is together" rule you are in a difficult position .... doesnt matter if you convince your husband or not .... cause if you do he will always would want to see a dsm parked in the drive way.

Get a minivan....
    Last edited by J-Tuning; 02-22-2008 at 06:55 AM.
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

All We'll Drive

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    the DSM is Front wheel drive the STI is ALL wheel drive
    I was assuming the DSM was an AWD turbo like mine. In any case, I'd still recommend an Accord or Camry over either DSM or the STi until 2009 or 2010, depending on what the new Impreza's record and problems are by then.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wink

What words should you tell him??? omg thats tooooo easy

But there is ONE word that should really make him think.. and its the main reason I am going back to Subaru.

Resale value ( ok so thats 2 words)

Even an Evolution has worse resale than a Subie and the rest of anything by Mitsubishi or DSM simply does not command the respect or perception.. Just look in the ads and KBB.

This really is a no brainer. And since most men don't always think with their brain, you need to go with what's in their pants...

Their wallet

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hmm. tell him its your car and you should driver whatever you want

you said you can only afford a wrx though and make it a sleeper.. depending on how much work you plan on doing to it... if you want STi power, you might as well fork out the cash and get an STi to begin with.

but yeah, key point: its YOUR car that YOU'RE driving. you should pick.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.