New Subaru Owner, 2004 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subaru Owner, 2004 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all. I purchased my buddies 2004 Subaru WRX about 2 months ago. He loved the car, but is starting ...

New Subaru Owner, 2004 WRX

Hey all. I purchased my buddies 2004 Subaru WRX about 2 months ago. He loved the car, but is starting a family so he decided that putting the money towards a house and his family was the better thing to do.
    I've always loved the Subaru Impreza family and I finally own one!
    My buddy has already installed a true blue K&N cold air with screen on filter. He also has an UP that he was going to put on but never got around to it. So I'll be purchasing that and putting that on, hopefully this spring. I'm thinking next will be DP. Any other thoughts / ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello and welcome
    Make sure you get some engine management for your UP and DP install, COBB accessport is great
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

like he said ^^^ make sure you have some sort of engine management and cobb is great, i'll be ordering my cobb access port soon
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

well, sad story ....
    I was doing some research on the cobb accessport, but not enough. because last week i was checking ebay and ran accross a version 1 ap and the seller said it was for an 04 wrx or 04-06 sti (he totaled his 06 sti and unmarried the device). the auction was close to being over so i went ahead and put a bid in ... and low and behold i won the auction, and then an hour later i was researching it a bit more and found out it probably would not work with my 04 WRX since he had an 06 sti. I called him and he said, it has right on the manual 04 WRX so it should work. The package was delivered yesterday, opened the box...the part number (on the box and on the back of the device) includes 06-AE-STI!!! You would think that he noticed this when he bought the device....oh well, it's my own fault so I have to deal with it.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theweedaman View Post
    well, sad story ....
    I was doing some research on the cobb accessport, but not enough. because last week i was checking ebay and ran accross a version 1 ap and the seller said it was for an 04 wrx or 04-06 sti (he totaled his 06 sti and unmarried the device). the auction was close to being over so i went ahead and put a bid in ... and low and behold i won the auction, and then an hour later i was researching it a bit more and found out it probably would not work with my 04 WRX since he had an 06 sti. I called him and he said, it has right on the manual 04 WRX so it should work. The package was delivered yesterday, opened the box...the part number (on the box and on the back of the device) includes 06-AE-STI!!! You would think that he noticed this when he bought the device....oh well, it's my own fault so I have to deal with it.
    sucks, although im sure you can sell it, I didnt know that the V1 came out for the 06-07s
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Welcome to the club!
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    sucks, although im sure you can sell it, I didnt know that the V1 came out for the 06-07s
    +1 just sell it and buy the right one for your car
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I didn't know the V1 came for those years either.... I wonder if it would work, have you tried it at all?
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem View Post
    I didn't know the V1 came for those years either.... I wonder if it would work, have you tried it at all?
    I'm not going to take that chance. From what I've read it looks like it's very ECU specific and I don't want to take the chance of locking up my ECU. Is there a specific thread that I can post this for sale? I'll get some pics of it and the serial # .

Thanks all for the welcome and the info. Glad to be here and a WRX owner.

oh, no, it wont work.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I'm not going to take that chance. From what I've read it looks like it's very ECU specific and I don't want to take the chance of locking up my ECU. Is there a specific thread that I can post this for sale? I'll get some pics of it and the serial # .

there is a For Sale Forum you can post it in http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/archived-sale-threads/

oh, no, it wont work.
    That's what I figured. Thx for the for sale link too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

There is a Personal For Sale and a regional NCS: Local For Sale Only ! . The accessport is a popular used item - you should not have much trouble finding a buyer.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.