From Mitsubishi to Subaru... MAYBE... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on From Mitsubishi to Subaru... MAYBE... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Johnson@WeaponR i'd choose the evo over the subie. regardless of reliability or whatever other issues u have ...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson@WeaponR View Post
    i'd choose the evo over the subie. regardless of reliability or whatever other issues u have to help with deciding. Evo is down right sexy and classy.
    the evo is classy?
    ha.
    no lancer or impreza is classy...
    the new sti is probably the classiest with the new evo close behind... but neither is very classy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1 i dont know of anyone that hav impreza's or evo's that bought them for their class... nor their looks.
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    +1 i dont know of anyone that hav impreza's or evo's that bought them for their class... nor their looks.
    The looks definitely helped me make my decision. I love the way my Subies look.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    The looks definitely helped me make my decision. I love the way my Subies look.
    +1 huge diff. between looks and class

vlenhoff
    Though crowd, Though crowd... When one is mean, one is not fully objective.

Objectivity rulz...

didnt read all 3 pages. but i sold my bolt-on tuned 330whp Evo 9 for an RSTi with full 2005 STi swap.

i feel much safer about making 400whp on a 4g63 than on an ej257. the ej sounds like it's made of glass if you read enough threads on nasioc, iwsti, and i-club. rod bearing failure and/or oil consumption seems to be a common and deadly failure.

the 4g63 has been around for longer and it's proven to make power. if u want to make absolute power get an Evo 9.

the STi may have an upper edge in the transmission - the Evo 6spd is weaker than the 5th, esp. on open tracks where the cooling design of the 6spd fails and 4th gear likes to fail a lot. however the STi 6spd ain't as bulletproof as a lot of people would like you to think either - my 05 6spd has a grind going 4th-5th - synchro's the weak point in this tranny.

now taking away making absolute numbers, i prefer the way the STi drive over the Evo. Why? Turbo lag is a *****. but i guess if you're making 400whp in either cars it wouldn't matter as much....at that point i'd wish i have the 4g63 for the power and the STi 6spd to transfer the power to the wheels, but hey, can't have everything...

just my 2cents.

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    ^^Sure you can, just get a built motor for your STi, or get a shep(?) tranny for your Evo.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

http://registry.evolutionm.net/viewride.php?vid=4184

That is a link to a profile for my car. Take a look. I aint here to talk **** or start a fight, just get some advice from a knowledgable crowd. and i want to thank you for your help.

So far, im getting that even sti fans like evo's over there own cars, and evo's are better horsepower wise, and sti's have a better tranny. I can always rebuild a tranny. I did it to my ralliart. (LOL at mitsu tranny's) So far im probly gonna get the evo, but have to test drive an sti.

about the v8 stuff. No thanks. Not my style, to ugly, blah blah blah.

Take a look at my ralliart, its a nice lil bugger. 13.4 with no traction bald tires is my best out of two runs. Both the first and only time at the track. No idea what i was doing lol. PPL on forums say i should get into 13.0 or high 12's, but first gear is useless on that car. which is why i NEED all wheel drive.
    Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; 02-22-2008 at 05:01 AM.

Oh, and NO EVO WING on my ralliart. hahaha

actually, if i buy an evo, first thing I do, the day i buy the damn car is take off that huge thing off the back. Either have nothing there, or buy a ralliart wing. I like the smaller look, its just better IMO

what?!?! no flares?!?!?! that's like a girl with no boobs! sorry dude, but wrx is a better looking car than your ralliart.

Quote Originally Posted by LIGARDO View Post
    what?!?! no flares?!?!?! that's like a girl with no boobs! sorry dude, but wrx is a better looking car than your ralliart.
    Yeah, those flares on the '08 WRXs are amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Yeah, those flares on the '08 WRXs are amazing...
    ibtl
    those 08 lancers sure are lookers too!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD View Post
    Plus it looks nicer than any subie i've seen so far. hehehe....
    Prove it

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    An AWD car is going to be harder to launch down the 1320 than a fwd car. Neither of these cars are built for that. But if you must, an evo would probably be your best bet hp/lbs ratio is better. I looked at the evo also but I wanted a better all around car which meant performance, looks, and utility.

The lancers look like mitsubishi civics.
    Last edited by 05Wrex; 02-22-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD View Post
    So far, im getting that even sti fans like evo's over there own cars, and evo's are better horsepower wise, and sti's have a better tranny.
    Than you're definitely not getting it.

I haven't been here long but what I'm coming to realize is that people here love their STIs (and WRXs) but also acknowledge that there are other awesome cars out there. If people here liked Evos more than STIs than they'd own Evos.

To sum up what everyone's been saying is that for max HP with cheaper mods for straight line speed, the Evo is your best bet. (At the same time, if that's what you're looking for you should look into Mustang Cobras, Vettes, GTOs, etc.)

If you want a more reliable car with more proven aftermarket support, a better daily driver that can still whip some tail when the road goes twisty, etc. than the STI is your car.

In the end, IT'S 100% PERSONAL CHOICE SO TEST DRIVE THEM BOTH and then make your decision. We're willing to talk no matter what car you drive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast