From Mitsubishi to Subaru... MAYBE... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on From Mitsubishi to Subaru... MAYBE... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i personally would love nothing more than to own an 05 sti, but that's because since i was like 12 ...

i personally would love nothing more than to own an 05 sti, but that's because since i was like 12 i've always loved wrx's. Sounds to me like the evo would suit you though. You said you love the cars, and you like how they look over the sti. The evo's are probably "faster" if i had to make a black and white decision, and the only reason i see for you getting an sti would be if you want more reliability or the fact that its a few grand cheaper.
    However keep in mind those are the two most practical factors in looking for a car.
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd choose the evo over the subie. regardless of reliability or whatever other issues u have to help with deciding. Evo is down right sexy and classy.

before i had gotten my subie i wasnt sure which i liked better either. but since i first test drove a subie my mind was made up. and i went with the subie. so i would say like all the others on here to test drive both before you make a decision.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Ibtl
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

your problem isnt a bad one to have...both cars are sick

Quote Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD View Post
    I mainly want this car for drag racing. I like beating the car on turns and stuff sometimes for fun. But performance wise, im putting all my money in the motor to go in a straight line.. which care is better for drag? im guessing evo cuz of the high horse power.
    Honestly, if you're looking for drag racing neither one would be a ideal choice.

Think domestic, V8 muscle (mustang, GTO, etc.). The STI/Evos can be used for drag racing, but it's going to cost a lot more money to get them up there. While the engines might be capable of decent gains (especially the 4G63), you'll end up spending a lot more money on other systems to make sure they're up to snuff (while the STI's six-speed is supposed to be very good, plan on replacing the clutch/transmission in the Evo if you're going to be doing any kind of serious drag racing).

Quote Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD View Post
    I mainly want this car for drag racing. I like beating the car on turns and stuff sometimes for fun. But performance wise, im putting all my money in the motor to go in a straight line.. which care is better for drag?
    A C5/C6 Corvette/LS1or2 Camaro/Trans Am/GTO/Fox body Mustang/'03 Cobra with drag radials.
    Seriously dude, although these cars do OK in drag racing, they weren't designed for it. There are plenty of other vehicles in addition to the ones I mentioned above that are more suited to straight line acceleration than the STi/Evo. But if you must have one of those two for drag racing, the Evo would be a better choice.

and about the 90-10 split, I'm not trying to make my car burn wheels lol. A firned of mine said he had a subie and he did 90-10 and he got great results at the 1/4 mile (he also owns mustangs, so he's used to RWD). But he has an 05. Was just wondering if the 04's had it to.
    I have to call on what your friend said. The most the TQ splits is 35fr/65r.
    The ATESSA AWD system in the Skyline GTR allows you to go 90/10, but Subie's and Mitsu's AWD systems do not.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    I have to call on what your friend said. The most the TQ splits is 35fr/65r.
    The ATESSA AWD system in the Skyline GTR allows you to go 90/10, but Subie's and Mitsu's AWD systems do not.
    +1 on the bs. No way. Punch your friend in the gut. Then say "they made me do it".

ralliart, you aren't going to listen to what anyone says on here. this is coming from a woman's perspective, but you have mitsubishi in your blood, that doesn't leave. your not gonna get an sti so leave the topic alone

BTw the evo's are butt ugly!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    BTw the evo's are butt ugly!
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

no, ralliart is butt ugly! that's a fake EVO! actually, post some pictures of your fake evo! I want to see since you said it's better looking than all the subies you've seen so far. You probably bought an EVO wing for your fake EVO, huh?

+1 on seeing this master piece!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    Now for heavens sake post something worth reading and stop asking the same dumb questions in different ways!

Nuff said!

i've been wanting to tell you that since you joined!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Ibtl
    +1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast