soon to be '08 WRX owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on soon to be '08 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, Thought I should probably start here, say hi and what not...HI! My lease is up on my F-150 ...

soon to be '08 WRX owner

Hey all,

Thought I should probably start here, say hi and what not...HI!

My lease is up on my F-150 in a few weeks, and it looks like I'll be making the move to an '08 5 door WRX. I've been to the dealership a few times, test driven a couple, and I have to say that I'm more than a little impressed. I've been reading through the posts in the "buyers" area of this forum, trying to soak up as much info as I can before going in to set up the final "deal" and what not. So far, this forum has been a huge help and has made this whole process a little easier to "handle"...knowing there is a community of people out there that are as into this as I'm sure I'll be.

One question I had was "what accessory/accessories should I absolutely make sure I have installed on my WRX?" After all is said and done, I'm probably not going to have a lot left over once the price of that car and all the other stuff (tax, title, license, destination fee, etc.) are figured out...but I wanted to get your opinions. If you had a few hundred bucks...what's the one accessory you don't think you could live without?

thanks
    -b

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Without knowing what is being offered I would take a long, detailed look at the extras. Many add ons do little or nothing for the car, but add $$$ for the dealership.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

sorry, i guess i could have been a little more specific...let's chalk it up to n00b-ness

I'm looking at a 5 door, manual, with the premium package...and that's about it. It'll probably be some time before I'm able to really "mod" anything on the WRX...but i'll be sure to let y'all know the moment I do So, I'm wondering if there's anything appearance-wise...or functionality-related that I should consider getting that would tide me over...so to speak...until I can afford to get into the really fun stuff? Things like the ipod interface, the sport grille, all-weather floor mats...nothing fancy.

I've got a couple friends that are excited that I'm finally going to be able to do more than just help them with their cars...just not going be able to do anything right away.

-b

hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I just recently bought a Black '08 wagon w/ Prem. Pkg and absolutly love it! I use to drive a F150 4x4 and the difference in vehicles defies explanation. Anyway, a few things I found to be nice adders were:

-Rear bumper/hatch threshold cover....will keep the scratches down with loading/unloading.
    -Sport mesh grill really makes a big visual difference
    -Side body molding strip. This may seem minor, but I think it looks cool, but mainly, it's already saved a couple of door dings from the clueless masses.

These are just a few ideas....

Welcome and a premature congrats. It's been said but the mesh grill makes a huge visual difference. Seriously, we're talking night and day. When I was talking to the dealer to get my WRX they threw in the STI Short Throw Shifter. If it's possible, I'd say you should have them do the same.

I'm going to the dealership tonight to "negotiate"...we'll see how well I do After poking around and seeing the difference between the standard and the sport grille, I'd have to agree with the general consensus...

it's []D [] []V[] []D

wish me luck

Good luck!

my lease on my f150 ended a few months ago and i got the 08 4 door wrx and i love it. get the sport grille makes it look a lot better

vlenhoff
    I agree!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If I had done more homework... I would have negotiated for the Subaru subwoofer and short-throw shifter. Not saying I could have gotten them for free - but perhaps a discount (and the cost could get eaten into the financed amount).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

the dealership has, so far, found 4 vehicles that have the minimum requirements i made...5 door, dark grey, premium package. they found one that's got just about everything on it...

sport grill
    ipod adapter
    rear bumper cover
    auto-dim/compass.homelink mirror
    momo shift knob
    all weather mats
    cargo tray
    cargo net

so, now, it's pretty much a waiting game. apparently there's only one person at the dealership where this car is that can approve dealer trades...and he's out of town...fabulous! so, they're calling around to find out about the other 3, not as sweet but still pretty sweet, that they found. I'm holding out to see what the info is on the loaded baked potato...what's the mileage, was it a demo, is it still there, etc? but i don't know what day this week, if it even happens this week, i'll know.

this is a good system...dealerships...bah :P
    -b
    Last edited by the_box; 02-20-2008 at 10:57 AM.

looks like i'll be taking delivery of my WRX on monday. went with silver instead of dark grey...the DGM was impossible to find around me, and the trucking fees would have been too much, so...

silver 5dr manual with premium package...and the dealership is throwing in the sport grille...woohoo! they're going to order the grill and i'll have to take the car in to have it installed (i'd do it myself, but they're gonna do it for free).

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Welcome and congrats, have fun with your WRX.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX

Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast