Noob getting WRX wagon soon

This is a discussion on Noob getting WRX wagon soon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Selling my 2006 Lexus IS250 (too expensive) and getting a used 2004 or 2005 WRX Wagon in the next couple ...

Question Noob getting WRX wagon soon

Selling my 2006 Lexus IS250 (too expensive) and getting a used 2004 or 2005 WRX Wagon in the next couple weeks for daily driving and occasional autocross. I am exited about getting a car that's fun to drive again!

I read all the stickys about buying used, so I think I'm in good shape to start looking. But, still nervous that I might get a bad one. Should I automatically ignore anything with high miles, as the probability of it being abused will be greater?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

As long as the car was not heavily modified you could be OK. A thorough once over before buying is always a good idea with any car. A couple of our forums you might like to browse through:

Car Purchasing Forum

Auto X , Track & Circuit
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

get an 06+ and go with the extra 25% of displacement
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    get an 06+ and go with the extra 25% of displacement
    +1 2.5L ftw the extra tq is very nice for everyday driveability
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hello and welcome

when you find a car youre interested in, post up a link or tell us the info and we'll tell you if its a good deal or not

basically, get one with the lowest miles you possible can (cars should put on average about 10-12,000 miles per year). DO NOT GET ANY CAR WITH A BOV! also, try your hardest to find a wagon thats close to stock as possible and has one owner.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the great replies! An STI or even an 06+ is more than I am looking to spend right now, so those will have to wait I'm afraid.

I have read about not getting a modded car and one with low miles. I would like to find a bone stock clean 04 or 05 wagon with no more than 40k or 50k miles for around $15k. I have to sell my Lexus first, so we'll see how long that takes I guess.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by keggdirdle View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the great replies! An STI or even an 06+ is more than I am looking to spend right now, so those will have to wait I'm afraid.

I have read about not getting a modded car and one with low miles. I would like to find a bone stock clean 04 or 05 wagon with no more than 40k or 50k miles for around $15k. I have to sell my Lexus first, so we'll see how long that takes I guess.
    I think you would likely be quite happy with a 04 - 05 WRX. Are you aware a WRX would a few notches below a Lexus in terms of refinement?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I think you would likely be quite happy with a 04 - 05 WRX. Are you aware a WRX would a few notches below a Lexus in terms of refinement?
    Are you aware that it would be about 1/2 the payment? Seriously, I like my Lexus, but I took a job closer to home for less money, so need something cheaper. But, what I am sacrificing in refinement, I am gaining in HP, cornering, aftermarket parts, storage capacity, 4wd, turbo, etc...

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you aware that it would be about 1/2 the payment? Seriously, I like my Lexus, but I took a job closer to home for less money, so need something cheaper. But, what I am sacrificing in refinement, I am gaining in HP, cornering, aftermarket parts, storage capacity, 4wd, turbo, etc...
    Even better. I just wanted to inform.
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to a great community...Definitely take your time to find the right wagon. It took me approximately 4 months to find what I was looking for. Are you looking to buy private or from a dealership? Also, If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking to spend?
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    Welcome to a great community...Definitely take your time to find the right wagon. It took me approximately 4 months to find what I was looking for. Are you looking to buy private or from a dealership? Also, If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking to spend?
    Doesn't really matter to me if it's private or dealership. In many ways private party would be better as you can actually talk to the previous owner. Although, if it's a dealer I would feel better about carmax.

Anyway, looking for a 2004 or 2005 for about $15k. I would consider older with less miles. I would like a blue wagon as close to stock as possible in great shape with low miles.

I wish the best of luck to you! Don't forget that if a bugeye wagon shows up in great condition... they look better! Ha ha...

Anyway, looking for a 2004 or 2005 for about $15k. I would consider older with less miles. I would like a blue wagon as close to stock as possible in great shape with low miles.
    That's definitely doable. Got my '04 for around that price with just over 30k miles. If you can find a trusted private party seller, you will most likely spend less than going through a dealership.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

If I were you,I would take any WRX I was looking at, to a somebody that knows Subies and have them check it out. Almost regardless of the mileage.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC