Couple STi questions...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Couple STi questions... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1. Is it safe to put E85 in our subbies? A friend told its like 100-105 octane and reasonably cheap. ...

Banned

Couple STi questions...

1. Is it safe to put E85 in our subbies? A friend told its like 100-105 octane and reasonably cheap. He told me to ask the experts(you guys) to see if Whit3 lightning (my car) can handle it.

2. Whats the top end limit on the 06 STi? I was going 142 today before I had to stop for traffic and she looked like she had so much more to go. If the limiter is infact set to 145 or whatever, does using my accessport (datalogger +real-time tuning) by Cobb Tuning bypass it? Or does it only override on certain profiles?

thanks!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont drive that fast
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

1. Do *NOT* use E85 in a turbo car
    2. The WRX is drag limited to 150mph, the STI is the same shape so it should be the same limit.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Banned
    i just looked up the datalogger, it indeed does take off the limiter. any one maxed out without it lol? and don't worry im NOT going to try it... well unless its a controlled environment, i just want to know my car better.
    Last edited by be1ieve1111; 02-13-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: misworded.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111
    I was going 142 today before I had to stop for traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111
    and don't worry im NOT going to try it... well unless its a controlled environment
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Banned
    ok ok in today's "controlled" environment I got upto 157 before I had to brake, so that throws out the 150mph limit.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111 View Post
    ok ok in today's "controlled" environment I got upto 157 before I had to brake, so that throws out the 150mph limit.
    What exactly was your "controlled" environment? Did you have to brake for traffic this time?

the drag limit on a wrx is not 150mph..... not even close.. i have friends that in their wrx he has the log from it too.. 168mph... no.. its not legal to go that fast, but he did it in a stage 2 04 wrx
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

I Support ClubWRX
    Again driving that fast (except on a closed course) will either land you in jail or the morgue, but to answer your question:

The Cobb AP raises the top speed limiter to 186MPH. No I do not know anyone who has gone that fast please dont try unless you are in the correct environment to do so. Super Speedway, airport runway and the like.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 02-14-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    the drag limit on a wrx is not 150mph..... not even close.. i have friends that in their wrx he has the log from it too.. 168mph... no.. its not legal to go that fast, but he did it in a stage 2 04 wrx

This statement essentially proves the opposite of what you are attempting to state: that the drag limit on a WRX is around 150 mph.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111 View Post
    1. Is it safe to put E85 in our subbies? A friend told its like 100-105 octane and reasonably cheap. He told me to ask the experts(you guys) to see if Whit3 lightning (my car) can handle it.
    Our cars have to be adapted to use pure E85. There are people here that know the details, but I don't think you should try to run it in an unaltered WRX/STI.

2. Whats the top end limit on the 06 STi? I was going 142 today before I had to stop for traffic and she looked like she had so much more to go. If the limiter is infact set to 145 or whatever, does using my accessport (datalogger +real-time tuning) by Cobb Tuning bypass it? Or does it only override on certain profiles?
    You're foolish to go this fast on public roads. Please have some consideration for those that share the road with you; if you lose control, or fail to see something in the road in time at that speed, you're very likely to be responsible for the death of another motorist. You really don't want to have to live with knowing that your lack of sense resulted in someone's father/mother/son/daughter being killed or seriously hurt.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

You're foolish to go this fast on public roads. Please have some consideration for those that share the road with you; if you lose control, or fail to see something in the road in time at that speed, you're very likely to be responsible for the death of another motorist. You really don't want to have to live with knowing that your lack of sense resulted in someone's father/mother/son/daughter being killed or seriously hurt.
    +1 its so true
    BugEye Mafia Memba 165

you sound like another turd kid that talks game online but acutally drives his dadscars and flies 200 feet off the end of private runway and splatters his freinds brains all over the upper branches of walnut tree... you shouldn't even care what the top speed is casue you should never see it unless you are a race car driver. and if you had to "slow down for traffic" you were being very irresponsible and if you cause an accident that anyone i know is in... you will recieve 76 unlubercated pineapples into your rectum.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hp?t=134289760
    Last edited by natedawg9640; 02-14-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    yup

if i knew anyone who ever drove 150+ mph on public roads i'd slash their tires

watch that M5 youtube and tell somebody who cares about you how fast you've driven your subie, i'm sure they'll be impressed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.