My new car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My new car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by johnnypneumonic ok, this might sound stupid but whats the deal with the gauges? should they light up ...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypneumonic View Post
    ok, this might sound stupid but whats the deal with the gauges? should they light up and do their thing before you start the car? ive seen my buddys 05 legacy GT do it, i thought all subies did it?
    as you turn the key to Aux they sweep. Only the Legacy/Outback, all STI, and the 08 WRX do that.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how can you tell if you have the factory short shift kit? is there a way to measure your shifter to tell??

There's no good way to tell other than to know what the two different shifters feel like. Basically, the short shifter is going to feel very notchy, somewhat more difficult to pull into gear than the stock one, and will require at most a good snap of the wrist to shift with. The stock one will feel almost a little rubbery and you'll have to actually pull the thing a little bit to go from gear to gear.

from what people tell me and from what i read (and what i hope) it sounds like i have the short shift. thanks for the help.

does any one know what size rims would fit on a 05 wrx wagon? would 18" fit? do legacy and wrx's have the same pattern and spacing on rims?

tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com will fit wheels and tires to any make/model...or am I missing something here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12