New Here w/ Question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Here w/ Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Blue Spark How much did all of that end up costing you? about 00 including my, clutch ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Spark View Post
    How much did all of that end up costing you?
    about $5000 including my, clutch disk, uppipe, downpipe and exhaust and instillation. Actually i just paid instillation for the shortblock and they installed the uppipe and TBE for free.

Gotta pay to play!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MindzeyeWRX02 View Post
    about $5000 including my, clutch disk, uppipe, downpipe and exhaust and instillation. Actually i just paid instillation for the shortblock and they installed the uppipe and TBE for free.

Gotta pay to play!
    Ouch ha. I found a 0 miles wrx shortblock I think I'm going to buy since it's so much cheaper and I know exactly what I'm getting, plus my funds are kind of limited.

One last question haha, how much many lbs of boost from a standard size TD05 16g is a stock wrx shortblock able to handle? I have a friend who bought an 18g and said he would give me his 16 for 200 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Spark View Post
    Ouch ha. I found a 0 miles wrx shortblock I think I'm going to buy since it's so much cheaper and I know exactly what I'm getting, plus my funds are kind of limited.

One last question haha, how much many lbs of boost from a standard size TD05 16g is a stock wrx shortblock able to handle? I have a friend who bought an 18g and said he would give me his 16 for 200 bucks.
    Not to sure about the td05 16g. I've seen people running 20+psi in their 2.0L. but i would research it. when you do upgrade your turbo your gonna need supporting mods too, like upgraded injectors, full pump, top mount intercooler, etc.

With a 2.5L shorty you'll be able to use bigger turbos and push more boost with it.

But before you upgrade your turbo i suggest getting the car to stage 2 if it is not already there. and remember, the best mod you can ever do to your car is Engine Management, as you will need to get the car tuned for whatever power mods you decide to throw in there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.